Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-06-2014, 12:43 PM   #121
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
1/2 is one or two lol
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:43 PM   #122
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
To hell with the Aura. As interested as I am in buying one for a great price, I'm even more interested in meeting the 1/2 people you may know. Here's my first question: What's the other half?
lmao...i needed that

the other half refuses to comeback without a something good to read on :P
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2014, 12:46 PM   #123
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
lol
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:57 PM   #124
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
According to Androidcentral.com, Amazon is discounting Samsung Tab Pro & Note Pro tablets. The link has links to the Amazon pages.

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...ted-100-amazon
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:12 PM   #125
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
According to Androidcentral.com, Amazon is discounting Samsung Tab Pro & Note Pro tablets. The link has links to the Amazon pages.

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...ted-100-amazon
Dare to dream....my daughter and i both want a 10 inch, but that is SOO out of my range.
Advert
Old 05-06-2014, 01:49 PM   #126
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post

If you do sell your backup glo (and it's functional ), PM me....I may know 1/2 people who may be interested.
I've PM'd you.

Sorry, sold it.

Last edited by booklover6; 05-23-2014 at 08:14 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:14 AM   #127
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's a good deal.

Nook Simple Touch $35 at Office Max.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:54 AM   #128
gabby98
Wizard

From the Cheapskate blog this morning

Quote:
Get HP's new 7 Plus Android tablet for $84.99

That's $15 off the already-rock-bottom price for this quad-core tablet, which HP just added to its lineup.

by Rick Broida @cheapskateblog May 23, 2014 5:43 AM PDT

Just two days ago, I read with great interest the report that HP had introduced a $100 tablet. That's quite the bargain for a name-brand slate, especially one with fairly solid specs.

So imagine my surprise upon discovering this: You can get the HP 7 Plus tablet for $84.99 shipped when you apply coupon code SLICK15HP at checkout. (Sales tax may apply in some states.) What-whaaat?

I've seen plenty of no-brand tablets in that price range, and the occasional early-gen Kindle Fire, but never something like this. If you're shopping for a dad/grad gift, boom! Done.

Though entry-level in some respects, the 7 Plus has a couple admirable amenities going for it. First, it's not boring black like most of its ilk. It's white, with a silver rear finish. Second, it sports a quad-core ARM Cortex A7 processor, which should run all your favorite apps at a solid clip. For comparison's sake, Amazon's $139 Kindle Fire chugs along on a dual-core chip.

Next, although it has just 8GB of internal storage, the 7 Plus includes a microSD slot for easy, inexpensive, and virtually endless expansion. Kindles, not so much. HP also gives you 25GB of Box cloud storage, free, for life. Nice!

The tablet runs Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean). I'm not sure if HP skins it or adds any bloatware, but ultimately it's much closer to a "pure" Android experience than you get from Amazon's heavily modded version of the OS.

So what's the catch? Like most sub-$100 tablets, the 7 Plus has a fairly low-resolution screen: 1,024 x 600. (Point of interest, though: the original iPad Mini ran at 1,024 x 768.) That's not ideal for reading small text, but I think it's sufficient for the majority of tablet tasks. And it's an IPS display, so it should offer pretty solid viewing angles.

This was already a sweet deal at $99.99. At $84.99, it's a steal. I have no idea how long the coupon code will be active, though, so if you want in, click fast!
Old 05-23-2014, 11:05 AM   #129
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
From the Cheapskate blog this morning
This is also available through ebates.com and there is a different code SAVE15HP which is good (as stated on the ebates site) for $15 off $75 purchase, good through 8/1/2014. And you get an extra 3% back through ebates itself...not a lot, but WTH...
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:23 AM   #130
gabby98
Wizard

OK...so this store just keeps getting me. I know I keep posting their sales, but I swear Im not affiliated lol

I got an email from Family Christian Stores that this weekend they have a 50% coupon code. MEMORIAL50 [must be used by Sunday]

I just used it to purchase my backup Glo ($68)....now I can stop worrying. I also wanted a mini, but all my local stores are out at the moment and that one has to be purchased/picked up in store.

So the Kobo pages say that 'coupons may not apply' but this will be the second time i've used one. I believe some others got it to work last time I posted one. Granted I've been using in store pickup jic, but they also have free shipping listed.

They have the Kobo Mini, Touch, Glo and Arc for those that are interested.

Happy Holiday and Happy Shopping
Old 05-24-2014, 06:03 AM   #131
arasyi
Zealot
arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
The Arc are in-store only though, so it is not couponable (or is it?)
arasyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:05 AM   #132
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
OK...so this store just keeps getting me. I know I keep posting their sales, but I swear Im not affiliated lol

I just used it to purchase my backup Glo ($68)....now I can stop worrying. I also wanted a mini, but all my local stores are out at the moment and that one has to be purchased/picked up in store.

Happy Holiday and Happy Shopping
The white Mini is available on line and comes to $29.99 plus shipping.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:36 AM   #133
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
The white Mini is available on line and comes to $29.99 plus shipping.

Unless one buys two, then the shipping is free!

(The total price needs to be over $50, and then the shipping is free. As pointed out, some items need to be picked up. The Mini looks like it can be shipped to one's home address.)

Sounds like a great deal. I paid full price for my 2-month old Kobo Mini [white], which is a wonderful little reader to take out for a cappuccino.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:49 AM   #134
gabby98
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by arasyi View Post
The Arc are in-store only though, so it is not couponable (or is it?)
If you live near a store, you can do like I did.order online using coupon and pickup in store.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:57 AM   #135
arasyi
Zealot
arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
If you live near a store, you can do like I did.order online using coupon and pickup in store.
How did you do that? I don't see any "add to chart" button or something like that in this page http://www.familychristian.com/catal...iew/id/213034/
arasyi is offline   Reply With Quote