Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 09-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
A couple of issues in 2.0 (fixes and new features coming soon)

Issue 1 - Sometimes, Marvin restarts after putting the device to sleep or switching to another app.

This happens when you put your device to sleep or switch to another app while you’re still inside a book.

I’ve already fixed the problem and will be shipping a rush update to Apple very soon. In the meantime, you can avoid this problem by:
  • Either, linking Marvin to your Dropbox account, or
  • Leaving your book (tapping the home button in the top toolbar) before switching out of Marvin.

I’m sorry about this. You’ll have the fix for this as well as some cool new features within a few days (until Apple review and approve the update).

(If Marvin is linked to your Dropbox account you won’t be affected by this problem).

Issue 2 - An error is shown when trying to access Marvin’s theme store on iPhone and iPod touch.

There seems to be some configuration issue on the App Store. I will be contacting Apple about this shortly to resolve this as fast as possible.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:41 AM   #2
Gurvan
Groupie
Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: En Europe, mais pas loin des Etats-Unis et d'un grand groupe de hard-rock Allemand...
Device: iPhone 6+ and iPad 1 (love them both...)
Issue 1 : Yep, I had noticed that one which was a bit of a bummer for me. Glad to know that a workaround is already out ! Thanks a lot !!

Great job, thank you !
Gurvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2013, 05:11 AM   #3
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm sorry about the inconvenience - thanks for your patience.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #4
sehlat
Enthusiast
sehlat began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone Marvin, Marvin 3
As I understand it from the above discussion, the following has been fixed:
Leave Marvin. Come back later for some value of later. Start Marvin. Get "Loading your library". Marvin loads book. Page swivel and I'm back at the book where I left. Total time: 3-4 seconds on phone or pad.

If true, that's wonderful. I've been switching to shuBook because I can dive right back in, and I'm a reader who reads in short bursts because my days are full of interruptions.
sehlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #5
kguil
Addict

@sehlat - Yes that's been fixed in the update I sent to Apple about 5 days ago. I'm hoping they'll release it any time now.
Advert