Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-11-2008, 12:42 PM   #1
MentalTyranny
MentalTyranny began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505/SC
Setup Interrupted - a x64 vista ultimate issue

Help!

I have owned a PRS-505/SC for several months and I still cannot use it! Everytime I try to install the EBook Library software, after it starts the process, it stops and says "Your installation has been interrupted and no changes were made on your system..." but I did not cancel the installation. Since I only have an x64 vista ultimate OS, I have tried several diferrent compatiblity options for both the supplied software and the update at Sony.com and I still get the same message. Everything I try is exactly the same, it says it was interrupted!

I would really like to install EBook so I can get the free books I was promised when I bought this in October! But if there is some kind of third-party software that will give me the same or better functionality (with a friendly interface), I will be happy...

Please someone help me out...
MentalTyranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:48 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The solution to your problem is to uninstall that highly unstable Vista x64 Ultimate and install Vista x32 Ultimate. The problem is that it's not x64 compatible it seems or at least the install isn't. So either you go to a 32-bit Windows or you do without.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2008, 02:42 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
With some work apparently you can get it working on 64 bit Vista, MikeF74 got it to work & talks about it here...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14701
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote