Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-29-2012, 07:35 AM   #1
Euridice01
Euridice01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Kindle Fire Dictionary Word List idea

I noticed that the Kindle Fire dictionary doesn't allow you to store words in a list that you can refer to later for definitions while you're reading a book, document, text, etc... and I want to make that said list. I'm not sure how to start on something like that. What sort of knowledge would I need to know and implement? I know a bit of C++ (introductory and data structures). I'm taking a Java course now but what topics should I concentrate on to understand how to work around to make this happen?

Thanks!

Side topic: But did anyone notice you can't look up words next to a punctuation? Dictionary highlights the word, punctuation and the word after the punctuation resulting in an "unknown" word search.
Euridice01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:32 AM   #2
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
You may not get too many answers here -- Most if not all people who frequent this forum are here for the e-ink kindle stuff.....
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #3
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I read ' Kindle Fire... "Worst Idea" ' ?
crazy

Erm I think http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1306 that's got some developers on it.

Last edited by twobob; 08-29-2012 at 11:22 AM. Reason: added linky
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote