Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-19-2012, 06:00 AM   #121
Tonttu
Tonttu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
Big thanks, baf! I didn't realize I had to write a path to the save dialog and I didn't really grasp the filesystem structure, so didn't understand /mnt/us points to the root.
My girlfriend says thanks also, because your advice has made it possible for her to take notes on the go!
I think this info will be helpful to others, too.

I now have a n -sh file with nano -o /mnt/us inside it so the path doesn't need to be typed when saving/opening.

Last edited by Tonttu; 09-19-2012 at 06:53 AM.
Tonttu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #122
Tonttu

In the keyboard.xml, is it possible to change the row height?
Advert
Old 09-21-2012, 03:09 AM   #123
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonttu View Post
In the keyboard.xml, is it possible to change the row height?
Theoretically yes, but this version of matchbox-keyboard ignores most of the parameters. Try to experiment with it. Maybe generating taller images helps. If you find out anything, please let me know.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:59 AM   #124
Tonttu

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
Theoretically yes, but this version of matchbox-keyboard ignores most of the parameters. Try to experiment with it. Maybe generating taller images helps. If you find out anything, please let me know.
Ok, I already tried these before posting my question: enlarged the ESC-button image, added height="" parameter to the ESC-button and <row> - no effect from any of those. Was not sure what sort of values should give to height, tried 5000.

Last edited by Tonttu; 09-21-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #125
zerolucat
Enthusiast
zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: kindle touch
Hi, does anyone know if there is some way to scroll up/down the output screen of Xterm?
zerolucat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #126
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerolucat View Post
Hi, does anyone know if there is some way to scroll up/down the output screen of Xterm?
Um - yeah..... see below

The FB history is an optional compile time option IIRC, but it seems as though this is included.

Last edited by twobob; 10-09-2012 at 08:18 AM. Reason: see below
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #127
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I should add that this application works beautifully with X11vnc.

INCLUDING SHIFT and PAGE UP to scroll back buffer....
This leads me to think the (altered?) Page up and Page down Values are not being interpreted correctly. Possibly

10+ pages of buffer currently tested. lots to play with.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle:0.0 - GVncViewer_039.png
Views:	299
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	93239   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle:0.0 - GVncViewer_040.png
Views:	277
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	93240   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle:0.0 - GVncViewer_041.png
Views:	289
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	93241   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle:0.0 - GVncViewer_042.png
Views:	277
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	93242  

Last edited by twobob; 10-02-2012 at 02:02 PM. Reason: added result and pics
Old 10-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #128
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
none. Isn't the virtual frame buffer an optional thing? wracking brain now...
Yes, the scroll buffer is a build time option.

Please contact your original vendor of the binary, pay the fee, stand in line, hope CS person isn't hung over, all the usual routine . . . .
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #129
twobob

Luckily, it's only a lack of interface implementation
Old 10-02-2012, 03:18 PM   #130
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerolucat View Post
You can swipe your finger down the screen to scroll back. But it doesn't work with scrolling forward. It is also not comfortable.

I don't know why <shift><pg up> and <pg down> doesn't work, but you can assign any key combination you want to this actions. In "extensions/xterm/layouts/Xresources" file there is line:
Code:
XTerm*VT100.Translations: #override \
It defines overrides for key actions. For scrollback add for example:
Code:
<Key>F1: scroll-back(1,page) \n\                                                        
<Key>F2: scroll-forw(1,page) \n\
It will assign <F1> and <F2> keys to scroll one page up and down respectively.

For more info on customizing xterm see FAQ.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #131
baf
Evangelist

It seems you can also map touch gestures to functions.
Simple scrolling with up and down finger swipe would be:
Code:
<Btn4Down>,<Btn4Up>:scroll-back(1,page)\n\                                 
<Btn3Down>,<Btn3Up>:scroll-forw(1,page)\n\
Button 3 is swipe up, 4 – down, 5 – left, 6 – right.
Pinch/zoom is 7 and unzoom is 8.
Long click is button 9.

Functions scroll-forw, scroll-back second argument may be page, halfpage or line.

Last edited by baf; 10-02-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:16 AM   #132
zerolucat
Enthusiast
zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: kindle touch
Quote:
You can swipe your finger down the screen to scroll back. But it doesn't work with scrolling forward. It is also not comfortable.

I don't know why <shift><pg up> and <pg down> doesn't work, but you can assign any key combination you want to this actions. In "extensions/xterm/layouts/Xresources" file there is line:
Code:
XTerm*VT100.Translations: #override \
It defines overrides for key actions. For scrollback add for example:
Code:
<Key>F1: scroll-back(1,page) \n\                                                        
<Key>F2: scroll-forw(1,page) \n\
It will assign <F1> and <F2> keys to scroll one page up and down respectively.

For more info on customizing xterm see FAQ.
thanks it works perfectly
zerolucat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:46 AM   #133
silverzhao
Enthusiast
silverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kindle Touch
Great! Thanks for your hard work. I really like this very much.

But I have a question here: Why is it needed to execute this one in the last in bin/xterm.sh, which leads to the keyboard restarting:
Code:
${EXTENSION}/bin/rotate.sh
I've tried to comment this, and then the keyboard will not show up any more.

So what does it do indeed? Not a big problem, just a little curious. Thanks!
silverzhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:38 AM   #134
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverzhao View Post
So what does it do indeed? Not a big problem, just a little curious. Thanks!
To tell the truth I don't remember . It was kind of a dirty hack. When I added rotation option to xterm, keyboard stayed under xterm sometimes. It was a quick fix.
Should be fixed some day, though I don't think I want to dedicate more time to xterm. XTerm is a bit an overkill for KT. Since then found several other, more lightweight terminal apps, supporting tabs, like evilvte, that work nice on KT. If I have some time I would rather replace xterm with some of those in my package.
Also other virtual keyboards, like florence might be good replacement for matchbox-keyboard. Florence looks nice on KT, however I remember there was some issue. Another option is to customize native KT keyboard. It works fine with evilvte for example.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:53 PM   #135
silverzhao
Enthusiast
silverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
To tell the truth I don't remember . It was kind of a dirty hack. When I added rotation option to xterm, keyboard stayed under xterm sometimes. It was a quick fix.
Should be fixed some day, though I don't think I want to dedicate more time to xterm. XTerm is a bit an overkill for KT. Since then found several other, more lightweight terminal apps, supporting tabs, like evilvte, that work nice on KT. If I have some time I would rather replace xterm with some of those in my package.
Also other virtual keyboards, like florence might be good replacement for matchbox-keyboard. Florence looks nice on KT, however I remember there was some issue. Another option is to customize native KT keyboard. It works fine with evilvte for example.
OK, I got it. Thanks very much for your kind reply. I didn't even know there are some other terminals available for KT. Maybe I'll have a try.
silverzhao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher add-ons