Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-04-2011, 05:32 AM   #1
carmenchu
Groupie
carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Win7,Win10,Lubuntu,smartphone
some MORE wishes

To begin with, I LOVE Sigil. Great to:
  • Improve downloaded freebies
  • Make Books out of OCR output (with some previous steps).
The output can be fine-tuned to a hair-breath, and the RegExp "search and replace" tool is a CANNON - new to me.

Now, the features I miss - hope none is a "pink bidet":
  1. A "busy" warning, like the one in Calibre: suspect I spoiled some work by keeping on editing while Sigil was still digesting last changes.
  2. Book-Browser batch file-renaming: anybody who has ever edited an ePub from Gutemberg MUST wish that! Feature (1) links here: updating anchors would require some work...
  3. A new Edit button with the "smart Case options" for selected text: to lowercase/to UPPERCASE/Capitalize/Invert.

This last is a feature I miss so much in any text editor, that I have concocted an AutoIt .exe to have it always handy: never left SHIFT CAPS blocked while editing...?

By the way: which are those functions for RegExp, if somebody knows straightaway?

Thank you very much!
carmenchu is offline   Reply With Quote