Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 06-05-2007, 06:13 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Lawrence, D. H.: The Virgin And The Gipsy. v1. 05 June 07

A masterpiece - a novella - discovered after Lawrence's death.

A quote:

"The Virgin and the Gipsy was discovered in France after D. H. Lawrence's death in 1930. Immediately recognized as a masterpiece in which Lawrence had distilled and purified his ideas about sexuality and morality, The Virgin and the Gipsy has become a classic and is one of Lawrence's most electrifying short novels.

"Set in a small village in the English countryside, this is the story of a secluded, sensitive rector's daughter who yearns for meaning beyond the life to which she seems doomed. When she meets a handsome young gipsy whose life appears different from hers in every way, she is immediately smitten and yet still paralyzed by her own fear and social convention. Not until a natural catastrophe suddenly, miraculously sweeps away the world as she knew it does a new world of passion open for her. Lawrence's spirit is infused by all his tenderness, passion, and knowledge of the human soul."

I hope you enjoy it.

Don
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf The Virgin And The Gipsy.lrf (153.1 KB, 1023 views)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:11 PM   #2
salu
salu began at the beginning.

Device: nokia
hi
i am new member here
so would u pls help me to know more
i am studying this novella these days to have a test
thx
salu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2007, 01:06 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Hi, and welcome to MobileRead.

I'm glad you're enjoying D. H. Lawerence's work, and there's quite a few of novels and stories that I've assembled that are available on this site in the Uploads section.

They're all free, as you may already know, since his work is in the Public Domain.

About this particular piece that you're asking about, you might check out this site:

http://www.superior.net/~dari2/CE_dhlawrence.html

This is a nice introductory sort of essay. For more scholarly work, you would need to be a University student: then you can copy the scholarly articles in the library's Periodical section.

However, for general discussion, just do a search on the internet, using the author's name and/or the title of this work. It's admittedly a "somewhat" minor work compared to some of his novel-length writing, so there won't be as much on this novella as on some of his other writings.

I would like to offer more help, but I'm not a Lawrence scholar. My speciality was post-modernism when I was working on my doctorate [not completed] in English Literature.

Sincerely,
Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote