Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 06-20-2007, 05:11 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Lofting, Hugh: The Story of Doctor Dolittle V1.6 2007-06-30

The Story of Doctor Dolittle
(Doctor Dolittle)
(The first book in the Doctor Dolittle series)
(1920)
A novel by
Hugh Lofting

The adventures of a kind-hearted doctor, who is fond of animals and understands their language, as he travels to Africa with some of his favorite pets to cure the monkeys of a terrible sickness.

Version 1.0 was viewed 47 times.
Version 1.5 was viewed 26 times.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Lofting Hugh_The Story of Doctor Dolittle v1.6.zip (228.2 KB, 978 views)
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 05:23 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've found some things that needed fixing. So expect sometime soon a new version.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:55 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

New version due to some fixes such as italics and extra spaces.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:05 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

A few more corrections.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:12 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
How did you remove underlines in Bookdesigner on your upload?

I was organizine my ebook library and adding last names to the files, correcting things, etc. and opened your upload and noticed you have NO UNDERLINES within the body of your text.

How did you do this using BookDesigner?

(And can it be done in the TOC area, as well?)

Thanks,
Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:58 AM   #6
Anais9000
Connoisseur
Anais9000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Anais9000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Anais9000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Anais9000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-500
Another useful thing would be to upload the html0 file in a zip, like you've done in the past, on one of these recent books -- so that we could actually see how the non-underlined headings are done. Thanks in advance!
Anais9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:12 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

How I got the ToC to have no underlines is an easy solution. I used html2lrf to convert the book. I downloaded the HTML version and because I didn't want to bother to fix the graphics (most have subtitles) I just used html2lrf to convert. I did do a little bit of cleaning up, but not all that much.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:46 PM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now I'm confused: I thought at the end of your book, it showed....

...that it was compiled by BookDesigner.

Did you do two different passes?

Also, I just checked your 1.6 version, and its' the TOC that is not underlined, but I could have sworn that (on an earlier version?), it was the CHAPTERS in the text itself that were NOT undernined!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How I got the ToC to have no underlines is an easy solution. I used html2lrf to convert the book. I downloaded the HTML version and because I didn't want to bother to fix the graphics (most have subtitles) I just used html2lrf to convert. I did do a little bit of cleaning up, but not all that much.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-12-2007 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:14 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I'll need to fix that. I stared editing it in BD and then saved it back out and didn't notice the bit put in by BD. Thanks for catching that.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:36 PM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Things may already be ok...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'll need to fix that. I stared editing it in BD and then saved it back out and didn't notice the bit put in by BD. Thanks for catching that.
What I'm trying to say is that the chapter headings IN the text were not underlined, but they were active links -- that's what I seem to remember. ----- on an earlier version.

However, on this current version, it's the TOC that is not underlined.

Does that makes sense?

(Now I'm beginning to doubt myself!!!
hahahah

Don
Old 07-12-2007, 08:43 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

The chapter headings in BD don't always have to be underlined. I'll try to find an example of that.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:53 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've found that if you import an HTML file with "built in" links to the chapters, the chapter titles are NOT underlined in the book. If you create the links yourself with note/link in BD, they are. "Imported" links seems to work a little differently to those done manually in BD.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:17 AM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Hmmmm....when I import or copy/paste I still get the underlines

In fact, I've never NOT gotten the underlines. The next time this happens Harry, why not look at the HTML Fragment Editor to see what's going on.

This is extremely interesting to me. Given my choices (and we ALL have different choices; my drill Sergeant told me that opinions are like...well, you get the idea -- ; but, if not, let's just say "everyone has one." --- Hahahahaha.), I'd rather NOT have underlines; I just want the chapter headings active in the TOC.

"Very interesting!"

Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've found that if you import an HTML file with "built in" links to the chapters, the chapter titles are NOT underlined in the book. If you create the links yourself with note/link in BD, they are. "Imported" links seems to work a little differently to those done manually in BD.