Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-22-2009, 01:45 PM   #1
cosmic joke
cosmic joke began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs-505
adobe digital and sony reader prob

I have the sony reader prs-505. I have installed Install Digital Editions 1.6. The program recognizes my reader in the left hand toolbar and allows me to drag it into the reader and it all seems fine. But on the reader itself that book title is there but it says there is only one page and when I open it, it says page error. I have no idea what is going wrong.

I'd like to get this fixed so I can buy books from ebooks.com for example if I want, but I want to see how it renders on the reader 1st.
cosmic joke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:52 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic joke View Post
I have installed Install Digital Editions 1.6. The program recognizes my reader in the left hand toolbar and allows me to drag it into the reader and it all seems fine.
Did you "authorize" the reader?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:05 PM   #3
cosmic joke

yes, it is authorized and it is recognized in the adobe digital edition program that opens up. It appears in the left side toolbar.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:16 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
yes, it is authorized and it is recognized in the adobe digital edition program that opens up. It appears in the left side toolbar.
I see. But, I'm pretty sure it can be "recognized" as a support device without being authorized. From the DE blog:

Quote:
You will need to authorize your Sony Reader in order to use it with
protected books that you have bought or borrowed online. Note that this
also means that you will need to authorize Digital Editions if you have
not already done so. Digital Editions will walk you through these steps
with a wizard.
Now, is the ebook in question a secure Adobe ebook in the PDF or ePub format?

BOb
Old 01-22-2009, 02:27 PM   #5
cosmic joke

Ok, I installed the adobe digital program it said something like click OK to authorize this PC. and then when I connected the reader it said the reader has to be authorized with the same computer and to click OK to authorize which I did. So how would i see if it is really authorized or not?
The book is in secure Adobe ebook PDF, at least that is what I chose when I bought it.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:10 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
...and to click OK to authorize which I did. So how would i see if it is really authorized or not?
Hm... sounds like it is authorized then. I think perhaps there is something in the settings/info section of the reader. But, no sure.

I'm stumped. Is this the only book you have? Do other ebooks show this problem?

BOb
Old 01-22-2009, 03:29 PM   #7
cosmic joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Hm... sounds like it is authorized then. I think perhaps there is something in the settings/info section of the reader. But, no sure.

I'm stumped. Is this the only book you have? Do other ebooks show this problem?

BOb
This is the only one i have in this format. I have added books from the sony store, and a public domain book from feedbook transferred using calibre. No problems with those.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:40 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
This is the only one i have in this format. I have added books from the sony store, and a public domain book from feedbook transferred using calibre. No problems with those.
I assume it reads fine in the DE software on your PC?

BOb
Old 01-22-2009, 03:53 PM   #9
cosmic joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I assume it reads fine in the DE software on your PC?

BOb
yes it open and reads the book fine through the DE program on the comp.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:05 PM   #10
Peter Sorotokin
speaking for myself
Peter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it is

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Ok, I installed the adobe digital program it said something like click OK to authorize this PC. and then when I connected the reader it said the reader has to be authorized with the same computer and to click OK to authorize which I did. So how would i see if it is really authorized or not?
The book is in secure Adobe ebook PDF, at least that is what I chose when I bought it.
It should have prompted you to enter AdobeID at some point. Do you remember entering it?
Peter Sorotokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:13 PM   #11
cosmic joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sorotokin View Post
It should have prompted you to enter AdobeID at some point. Do you remember entering it?
I believe the very 1st time i installed it i put it id. never asked for it again
Old 01-22-2009, 08:38 PM   #12
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Cosmic Joke--

Do you have access to Secured Adobe E-books from your local library? If so, you could try to download one and see if that will successfully transfer to your reader.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:57 PM   #13
cosmic joke

I have found the problem, I noticed this message when looking at the item info of the book "Document contains a resource which is too long". So I used the power of all mighty google and found this ;
REASON

The Sony PRS-505 (and other readers) have a limited amount of memory. In this particular example, the maximum size the reader can manage for a single chapter is 100k. However, in some cases epub developers make put an entire book into a single chapter, breaking this limit. The content will display without issue in Digital Editions because of the greater amount of memory available to a desktop computer.

> No solution listed