Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-06-2012, 06:54 PM   #286
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
My Paperwhite will arrive October 3! (unless I change it to next day delivery)
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #287
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobylspoon View Post
Kindle Glowlight Upgrade Kit

This is not the new Kindle but it's a really nice glowlight upgrade for existing models.
You'll want a gallon of whole milk to go with that glowlight upgrade kit. Get the $1,245 gallon as it only has slight wear on the label and it's signed. Maybe the cow who gave the milk signed it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #288
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
My Paperwhite will arrive October 3! (unless I change it to next day delivery)
Congratulations! It's a PaperWhite!

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #289
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
The Paperwhite looks so nice, and I love the magnetic Auto Wake/Sleep cover! My Kindle Keyboard 3G will have to do for a while longer, though...unless my resolve weakens.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #290
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I'm not seeing better contrast and higher definition in the photos.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:24 PM   #291
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Whatever font is use in those photos (with the Kindle PW) is much nicer then the original Kindle font.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #292
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
I'm not seeing better contrast and higher definition in the photos.
They aren't a good example of the increased resolution. Good examples are photos and small text.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #293
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Whatever font is use in those photos (with the Kindle PW) is much nicer then the original Kindle font.
Yes, the Paperwhite font choices are nice:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	feature-design._V389693937_.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	91971  

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 09-07-2012 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Changed oversized graphic to an attached thumbnail.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #294
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
i would have been tempted if they hadn't reduced the storage
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #295
MovieBird
TuxSlash
MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: GlowNook
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
i would have been tempted if they hadn't reduced the storage
Aye. I've been giving thought to compromising my ideals and just jumping in bed with Amazon. There is no doubt that the Paperwhite is a sexy, sexy beast.

However, without physical page turn buttons and so little storage, I can't justify the walled garden approach to book formats. It's a shame, because I do love the Amazon customer 'experience'.
MovieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #296
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieBird View Post
Aye. I've been giving thought to compromising my ideals and just jumping in bed with Amazon. There is no doubt that the Paperwhite is a sexy, sexy beast.
Hey, if dealing with Amazon is against your religion there's still the Kobo Glo. And it does take MicroSD.
http://www.kobo.com/koboglo/
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #297
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
... and I just wrote to Amazon because they didn't care to make the Paperwhite available in Europe (N.B: the new Kindle "basic", and the new Kindle Fire models, are aggressively advertised here right now). WTF.

Last edited by ixtab; 09-06-2012 at 09:17 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #298
MovieBird
TuxSlash
MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: GlowNook
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Hey, if dealing with Amazon is against your religion there's still the Kobo Glo. And it does take MicroSD.
http://www.kobo.com/koboglo/
Oh, it's not against my religion to deal with Amazon. In fact, I Amazon. Nearly every physical item I purchase comes to me via Amazon.

But I don't like proprietary formats. If I could purchase epub from Amazon I would buy everything through them.
MovieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #299
dukesilver
Connoisseur
dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Oh, it's not against my religion to deal with Amazon. In fact, I Amazon. Nearly every physical item I purchase comes to me via Amazon.

But I don't like proprietary formats. If I could purchase epub from Amazon I would buy everything through them.
Its really easy to convert Amazon's books to epub with calibre and some plugins.
dukesilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:49 PM   #300
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Quote:
However, without physical page turn buttons and so little storage, I can't justify the walled garden approach to book formats. It's a shame, because I do love the Amazon customer 'experience'.
I have a feeling that if/when my K3 dies I'll be buying some other brand of ereader. The page turn buttons are the biggest issue to me. Give me a touch screen if you must, but give me physical buttons too.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote