Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 07-17-2021, 12:38 PM   #1
Revolving Pixel
Revolving Pixel began at the beginning.

Device: none
Center read text when auto scrolling and Read Aloud

Read Aloud and Auto-scrolling are among my favorite Calibre features. Nonetheless, it can be tricky to synchronize the two. Sometimes the scrolling is too slow and Read Aloud has read beyond the bottom of the shown text or vice versa.

To avoid this synchronization issue, I wonder if it is possible to maintain the read text in the center of the viewer such that the entire page scrolls up after every line is read out loud?

This type of scrolling is used in the Balabolka, a software I used before Calibre introduced the Read Aloud feature. The advantage of this scrolling type is that the current read (highlighted) text is always positioned in the viewer windows regardless of the speed of speech (words per minute) setting.

Please let me know if there is a plugin for the aforementioned or perhaps I need to raise a feature request.

Thank you.
Revolving Pixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 09:04 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm confused as to why you need both at the same time? When active Read Aloud will simply read and scroll as needed. There should be no need for auto scroll.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
auto scroll, auto-scroll, read aloud