Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-22-2021, 07:42 PM   #166
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Not much to watch these days; don't get STARZ so looking forward to a DVD release of Men in Kilts - anyone watching that?
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 08:05 PM   #167
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Binge watching Eureka - just started season 5 (final).
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2021, 12:15 AM   #168
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
I found the Allen v. Farrow series very engaging. A lot of things I watch are background to being online, but I watched this. I am looking forward to season 3 of Shtisel arriving in the U.S. on Netflix Thursday. I watched the first two seasons last spring. It's about a Haredi family in Jerusalem, in Hebrew and some Yiddish with English subtitles.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 11:18 AM   #169
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Just finished binge watching Ice Pilots: NWT on Tibi. Chronicles the activities of Buffalo Airlines in Canada's north, who use(d) older planes; DC-3, DC-4, C-46 with towards the end of the series several Lockheed Electra's, and numerous water bombers for forest fire fighting.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 11:24 PM   #170
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
I watched the new season 3 of Shtisel between Thursday to Sunday. Best thing I've seen in quite a while.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2021, 09:03 PM   #171
howlam
howlam began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Slowly going through all of Star Trek The Next Generation. I thought I had seen episode after school or on the weekends growing up, but I'm only at season 4 and it's amazing how many episodes are brand new to me.
howlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 04:30 PM   #172
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Most of March, I was binging on the Extended Releases of The Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit, plus watching the added info stuff. Now I'm checking a number of duplicate DVDs, mostly Disney, before listing for sale or swap. The duplicates are from combining my late sister's library with mine. This duplicate checking is what started me on the binging in March as I have an extra set of the LOTR extended release.

Howlam, I did all the Star Trek Next Gen in 2018. I KNOW I missed some of those episodes at some point - probably pre-empted by local TV.

Still working my way through NCIS on Netflix. I'm up to season 8 I think.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 02:24 PM   #173
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Earlier this week I binged on The Irregulars on Netflix. I really loved it and hope there will be a second season and it will be released soon.

I'm also finally on the last episode of Sweet Home (Netflix) when cycling. Just two more sessions and I'm done. Another series I liked. After that I'm going to watch either Money Heist (La Casa de Papel) or Warrior Nun, I'm not sure yet.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 02:49 PM   #174
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Really liked Paris Murders on Prime; unfortunately Amazon only has 1 of the 8 or 9 seasons. Now watching another French show Captain Marleau, kind of a female Columbo. Also (listen carefully, I shall say this only once) the old British comedy Allo Allo...

Also recording Debris to possibly watch later but forum discussions are discouraging.
Old 04-08-2021, 06:28 PM   #175
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle

Finished the 12 90-minute episodes of Marleau that Amazon offered and enjoyed more and more -once we got used to the character she's a hoot, the cases are interesting and don't drag the way some 90-minute shows do. There are a handful of additional episodes on some streaming service I never heard of and more still being produced so we hope to continue with it at some point.
Old 04-09-2021, 02:18 PM   #176
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Last weekend my sister and I binged 7 episodes of the first season of Doom Patrol, we both love it. Now we decided to wait until I'm staying at her place again to continue. That isn't until the 24th. On the 27th it's a public holiday (King's Day) in the Netherlands and she got the 26th off work and our store is closed on Mondays, so I'm off too. So we're going to have a fun extended weekend. Possible watch (some) of season 2 also.

I've found a new appreciation for Brendan Fraser (in uni we were obsessed with The Mummy series). So now I'm watch Trust, where he plays the lawyer of the Gettys.

I've got so many movies I want to watch and I always have a hard time choosing which one. So I got a randomizer app (Spin the Wheel), entered all the movie names and now I can just let it pick what I want to watch. My goal is to watch at least 2 movies a week, until I get somewhat caught up.
Old 04-14-2021, 01:49 PM   #177
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Last week I had my Spin the Wheel app choose two movies for me. The first was 3 from Hell, which I stopped watching half way through. Not my kind of horror, and a waste of my time. The second pick was The Devil's Doorway a found footage horror set in the 1960s in a convent. Found footage movies can be hit or miss for me, but I liked this one.

Tonight the app picked The Mountain Between Us, not sure if it's something I'll like, but if not I can always pick something else. The time of watching a movie all the way through even if I don't like it has passed.
Old 04-18-2021, 05:00 AM   #178
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

The Spin the Wheel app is working surprisingly well for me. I had planned to watch 2 movies a week, but I find I'm watching more than that.

The Mountain Between Us - a good movie, though a bit slow
YellowBrickRoad - What the heck?! Not a bad movie, but not good either. Feels like an experimental film (some describe it as an acid trip).
The Vanishing - okay, very depressing
Class Action Park - documentary, recommended. Amazing that this park existed
Haunting on Brockway Street - good enough, I liked that you get to see more of an investigation that on tv shows
Operation Varsity Blues: The College Admissions Scandal - a good documentary/reenactment.
Old 04-18-2021, 05:40 AM   #179
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
The Spin the Wheel app is working surprisingly well for me. I had planned to watch 2 movies a week, but I find I'm watching more than that.

The Mountain Between Us - a good movie, though a bit slow
YellowBrickRoad - What the heck?! Not a bad movie, but not good either. Feels like an experimental film (some describe it as an acid trip).
The Vanishing - okay, very depressing
Class Action Park - documentary, recommended. Amazing that this park existed
Haunting on Brockway Street - good enough, I liked that you get to see more of an investigation that on tv shows
Operation Varsity Blues: The College Admissions Scandal - a good documentary/reenactment.
Action Park was not too far away from my home. It always had a bit of a dangerous reputation. But, it was popular with college kids, especially, if I recall correctly. It brought out the daredevil in some folks.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 05:25 PM   #180
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I was browsing my cable company's streaming app to see if HBO (which is included) already has episodes of Mare of Easttown available (it does). But I also discovered that the fifth season, 25 episodes, of The Avengers is available. Not the current Avengers superheroes, but the British TV series that started in 1961 with Patrick Macnee and Diana Rigg!

In my early teens there were several years the public TV service would air The Avengers each weekday in the early evening. We would always watch during dinner.

I just realized that The Avengers to me still is a summer series. Just like the Robin of Sherwood is a Christmas series, it was always aired during the Christmas vacation in the morning as part of the children's programming. The latter I watched again several years ago, I'm not sure why they thought it was appropriate for children.

To me Mary Poppins and Who Framed Roger Rabbit are Christmas movies, since they were always aired at Christmas. And The Sound of Music was/is aired either on December 31 or January 1.