Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #31
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Compared to the last 2 weeks I did pretty good! All I can say is the Kobo codes made me do it. If we don't count the convert to digital purchases and those I bought because the codes were too good to pass up then I only really bought 1 book this week. Yeah, that's what I'm going to go with - 1 book for me this week.

• Carina Press price drops + left over good Kobo contest codes
    • Denman, Amie - Her Lucky Catch
    • Longley, Barbara - Heart of the Druid Laird
    • Miller, Maureen A. - Endless Night
    • Niles, Abby - Defying Convention
    • Schield, Cat - His Secret Temptation

• Crazy Kobo 75 & 80% codes over 3 accounts
    • Banks, Maya - Rush
    • Kleypas, Lisa - Dream Lake
    • McKenna, Shannon - One Wrong Move
    • Moning, Karen Marie - 7 book Highlander bundle (replaces paper)
    • Moning, Karen Marie - 5 book Fever bundle (replaces paper)
    • Vincent, Rachel - Oath Bound

• Cole, Kresley - A Hunger Like No Other (replaces paper)
  • James, Eloisa - Once Upon a Tower

Last edited by apesmom; 06-02-2013 at 06:39 PM.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #32
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Well, I won't yell at you for Susanna Kearsley because I've yet to read her ... but I now own five of her books
I've read 3 of the 4 I purchased. So far The Rose Garden is my favorite followed by Mariana.
Advert
Old 06-02-2013, 05:46 PM   #33
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
I used to do that all the time; I had links to catalog suggestion forms for all my libraries but I lost them when I deleted some of my bookmarks in error (and they weren't backed up ). With the new library format I never bothered to figure it out but I really should.
Only, I got off my duff and found the Contact page for the Brooklyn library and I suggested How to Kill a Rock Star for their catalog; they're normally very open to recommendations so I'll wait and see before I contact any of the other libraries. Meanwhile, I'll go look for their contact pages and save them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
If we don't count the convert to digital purchases and those I bought because the codes were too good to pass up then I only really bought 1 book this week. Yeah, that's what I'm going to go with - 1 book for me this week.
"I only really bought 1 book this week." - I'm applauding the sheer genius of this statement

Quote:
I've read 3 of the 4 I purchased. So far The Rose Garden is my favorite followed by Mariana.
Here's what I own; please suggest a reading order (best to good) based on what you've read:

Mariana
The Rose Garden
The Shadowy Horses
The Winter Sea
The Firebird
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #34
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Well, I was trying to be good this week. I will list my purchases.

Charmed (Crimson Romance) by Inés Saint 0.99
The Viscount in Her Bedroom by Gayle Callen free code from ARe
Forbidden by Elizabeth Lowell (Audible)
Silver Master by Jayne Castle (Audible)
Guardian Angel by Julie Garwood (Audible)
Any Duchess Will Do By Tessa Dare 4.74
Surrender to the Earl by Gayle Callen 6.64

I have a few more wants by am willing to wait for my gift certificates. I am wondering where you all are with Nailini Singh's books. I will re-listen to Tangle in Need tomorrow. I am finishing Legend of the Four Soldiers by Elizabeth Hoyt. I am listening to the end of the fourth book. I love them.
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:35 PM   #35
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Love Love by Beth Michele is on sale $0.99 (new adult)
http://www.amazon.com/Love-ebook/dp/B00COUM3F4
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #36
apesmom
Wizard

Quote:
Here's what I own; please suggest a reading order (best to good) based on what you've read:

Mariana
The Rose Garden
The Shadowy Horses
The Winter Sea
The Firebird
This is how I liked them:
The Rose Garden
Mariana - I read this one several years ago and parts of it still stick in my mind.
The Winter Sea

Haven't read The Shadowy Horses yet
Haven't purchased The Firebird . . . yet
Old 06-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #37
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Compared to the last 2 weeks I did pretty good! All I can say is the Kobo codes made me do it. If we don't count the convert to digital purchases and those I bought because the codes were too good to pass up then I only really bought 1 book this week. Yeah, that's what I'm going to go with - 1 book for me this week.
OMG, best justification ever!
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #38
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I almost did good this week... and then those Kobo codes arrived - at least they were really good deals!

Sins & Needles by Karina Hale
Undeclared by Jen Frederick
Kaleb by Nicole Edwards
Love Love by Beth Michele

So by apesmom's math I *really* only bought 4 books!

With Kobo codes:
Misplaced Princess & Misplaced Cowboy by Mari Carr & Lexxie Couper
From this Moment On by Debbi Rawlins
When the Cameras Stop Rolling by Connie Cox
Secrets & Saris by Shoma Narayanan
plus a couple more not-romance

I'm excited about the two Misplaced books - they were discovered via a "what is the title" threads and sounded too good to pass up. Online friends, mistaken sibling identity, and sexy cowboys!
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #39
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The Rose Garden
Mariana - I read this one several years ago and parts of it still stick in my mind.
The Winter Sea

Thanks! I'll try them in this order.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:15 PM   #40
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by NixLapi View Post
I almost did good this week... and then those Kobo codes arrived - at least they were really good deals!

Sins & Needles by Karina Hale
Undeclared by Jen Frederick
Kaleb by Nicole Edwards
Love Love by Beth Michele

So by apesmom's math I *really* only bought 4 books!

With Kobo codes:
Misplaced Princess & Misplaced Cowboy by Mari Carr & Lexxie Couper
From this Moment On by Debbi Rawlins
When the Cameras Stop Rolling by Connie Cox
Secrets & Saris by Shoma Narayanan
plus a couple more not-romance

I'm excited about the two Misplaced books - they were discovered via a "what is the title" threads and sounded too good to pass up. Online friends, mistaken sibling identity, and sexy cowboys!
Oh, so it's going to be like that now is it, explain away all our purchases!

Apesmom, thanks for the recommendation on reading order of Susanna Kearsley too.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #41
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
For those who say they send an email to their libraries to request books to be added to their Overdrive ebook selection:

I *think* this is something the libraries can choose to use or not. But if you haven't already done so, you might want to check your "Advanced Search" page.

At the very bottom of the page, you might see an option "Show me" with 3 check-boxes:
  • My library's collection
  • Only titles with copies available
  • Additional titles to recommend

If you have these options, check the "Additional titles..." box. If Overdrive has a book available and it's not in your library, instead of a "borrow" or "place a hold" button, you'll see a "recommend" button.

I've used it a few times, and it even asks if you'd like to receive an email when the book you recommend is purchased or if you'd like to be put immediately on the holds list for that book.

I have access to 5 Overdrive libraries, and 3 out of those 5 have this option available. So I suspect libraries choose whether to use this functionality, rather than it being standard.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #42
FizzyWater
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The Rose Garden
The Winter Sea

Wow....the only one I've read so far is "The Winter Sea" and I really liked it, even thought it made me cry like a baby at one point. If that's the one you liked least, I really ought to grab those other ones off my TBR pile.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #43
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
For those who say they send an email to their libraries to request books to be added to their Overdrive ebook selection:

I *think* this is something the libraries can choose to use or not. But if you haven't already done so, you might want to check your "Advanced Search" page.

At the very bottom of the page, you might see an option "Show me" with 3 check-boxes:
  • My library's collection
  • Only titles with copies available
  • Additional titles to recommend

If you have these options, check the "Additional titles..." box. If Overdrive has a book available and it's not in your library, instead of a "borrow" or "place a hold" button, you'll see a "recommend" button.

I've used it a few times, and it even asks if you'd like to receive an email when the book you recommend is purchased or if you'd like to be put immediately on the holds list for that book.

I have access to 5 Overdrive libraries, and 3 out of those 5 have this option available. So I suspect libraries choose whether to use this functionality, rather than it being standard.
Great tip, but it seems to be available only for libraries using the older layout.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #44
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
Quote:
Let's see, if I revise apesmom's math to also exclude freebies, I only "purchased", um, 11 books for $20.94 And 7 of those were the Pennyroyal Green series, so really I only purchased 4 books This series doesn't count either because it was just too good to pass up... right? Yep, THAT's what I'm going with!! 4 books

BTW, I somehow still acquired around 25 books... not quite sure how that happened..... oh yeah, kobo codes and freebies

Here are the one's I'm most excited about:

Pennyroyal Green series (1-7) - Julie Anne Long
The Ruby Brooch - Katherine Lowry Logan (Time Travel)
Taking Shots: The Assassins Series - Toni Aleo (Sports teams/hockey)
Driven - K. Bromberg (Racing)
Random Acts of Crazy - Julia Kent (this might be too NA-y for me, we'll see)
Billionaire Bachelors - Lucas, Alex, Mark - Melody Anne (who doesn't love a billionaire? or three?)
laurla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:57 PM   #45
FizzyWater

Quote:
Great tip, but it seems to be available only for libraries using the older layout.
Nope.

All my libraries are on the new and unimproved "Next Generation" layout.