Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #271
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by swrd View Post
many thanks for your reply
What the surface difference is the "reboot" show the message "Wait a moment while your kindle starts up" and the "restart framework" not.

As you said, i DID got a "a restart of the Amazon framework"

well ,I can't figure out the real difference ,since finding no topic on it.
(maybe i search it with incorrect keyword)
Rebooting framework is just a software restart, since the framework is just a software running on Kindle, like kpdfview. While the "Wait a moment while your kindle starts up" reboot is a real reboot, not just software, but the whole system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrd View Post
well,i am looking forward to the new version.

How can i edit the cache ,i find no ["cache_max_memsize"] in .reader.kpdfview.lua
Just added it manually But I guess it won't help in current release, try this when you get the release "2012.04".
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #272
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
lurking release?
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2012, 10:39 PM   #273
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLiNK View Post
lurking release?
10 hours ago, hawhill said it will be out in about 18 hours
Old 04-19-2012, 03:34 AM   #274
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2008 View Post
10 hours ago, hawhill said it will be out in about 18 hours
then congratulations on the next milestone
and a first (?) bug report

for some reason the forward button is mapped to be the backward button

Last edited by eLiNK; 04-19-2012 at 03:38 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:56 AM   #275
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
There is no official release yet. So we might fix it before that. Do you get that behaviour with the latest source code (i.e. development head)? For which type of file? On your DXG?
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2012, 04:04 AM   #276
eLiNK
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
There is no official release yet. So we might fix it before that. Do you get that behaviour with the latest source code (i.e. development head)?
yes, I was referring to '3306346'.

Quote:
For which type of file?
pdf, djvu, epub

Quote:
On your DXG?
Yes
Old 04-19-2012, 04:13 AM   #277
dave2008
Addict

Quote:
then congratulations on the next milestone
and a first (?) bug report

for some reason the forward button is mapped to be the backward button
This has been fixed in the latest code, but I am not sure whether hawhill will do are new minor release or include the fix in release 2012.04.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:38 AM   #278
eLiNK
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2008 View Post
This has been fixed in the latest code, but I am not sure whether hawhill will do are new minor release or include the fix in release 2012.04.
would make more sense to include it in the release as the bugs you have already fixed are rather critical.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:09 AM   #279
dave2008
Addict

Quote:
would make more sense to include it in the release as the bugs you have already fixed are rather critical.
The minor release can be out with the major release at the same time ;P (Though not exactly, since some of you have already found the download link)

There are some other fixes and changes.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:55 AM   #280
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Since I was a bit to eager by already providing a tarball for release tag 2012.04 - a few bug fixes came in last-minute - I now announce release 2012.04.1.

The name "kindlepdfviewer" now seems anachronistic - it reads a big bundle of file types now. It was PDF, XPS, CBZ and DJVU already. Now, using CREngine, there is also .fb2, .epub, .txt, .chm, .rtf and .html (or .htm) support. It's usable, though in an early stage: you can only configure font size and line spacing for now (or you would have to edit the CSS).

Upgrading is just like installing: refer to the OP on how to do that.

Changes since release 2012.03:
  • InfoMessage dialog on slow operations (search, open file, etc)
  • New launchpad shortcut `Shift`+`P`+`K` which kills Amazon framework before start to free up more memory (somewhat important on DXG with scanned pdfs). `Shift`+`P`+`L` will open last document without framework. `Shift`+`P`+`R` will restart the framework (try this if you have your kindle frozen).
  • Menu in reading mode
  • Fix for buggy rotation of pages that specify their own rotation (PDF)
  • XPS and basic CBZ support (no CBR yet, sorry)
  • EPUB, TXT, RTF, HTML, FB2, CHM support (Thanks to CREngine)
  • Input passwords for PDFs
  • Help page (press "H")
  • Cursor support in inputbox
  • Bug fix in menus
  • Shortcut for manual full screen refresh, `Shift`+`R`.
  • Configurable entry in `.reader.kpdfview.lua` for partial refresh counts.
  • Improved memory usage control
  • Text highlight in DjVu
  • Text highlight in Pdf
  • Bug fix in screen saver
  • Bug fix in filechooser
  • Show overlap when moving with pan_by_page

Big thanks again to all contributors. A full ebook reader suite in 5 months only on spare time by a handful of developers - that's impressive. Never thought this would happen. And I find to use it regularly now.

Download the archive on the Download page in the project's Wiki: https://github.com/hwhw/kindlepdfviewer/wiki/Download

Last edited by hawhill; 04-19-2012 at 09:16 AM.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:43 AM   #281
eLiNK
Addict

Quote:
... A full ebook reader suite in 5 months only on spare time by a handful of developers - that's impressive. ...[/url]
[/B]
And it looks great indeed.
A BIG thank you to you all for making it happen.

there is one peculiar thing I noticed.
While the kpdfviewer is open, it is not possible to mount the kindle in the USB mode.
But it could be just me. Need to test it at home as well.

Not that it is of great importance. Just info for those who may decide to ditch the native framework.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #282
dave2008
Addict

Quote:
And it looks great indeed.
A BIG thank you to you all for making it happen.

there is one peculiar thing I noticed.
While the kpdfviewer is open, it is not possible to mount the kindle in the USB mode.
But it could be just me. Need to test it at home as well.

Not that it is of great importance. Just info for those who may decide to ditch the native framework.
You are not alone, when kpdfviewer starts, the framework will be stopped, so it will not response to USB mount. But you can go to screen saver first, then you can mount it in USB mode. Exist screen saver will bring you back to kpdfviewer(you might need to trigger screen update manually).

I think this will be fixed in next release
Old 04-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #283
swrd
swrd began at the beginning.

Device: kinde DXG
I am tasting the new one.thank you very much.
swrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #284
citron
citron began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Thanks for great piece of software which definitely added huge value to the already unsupported kindle DXG.

Great job!!!
citron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #285
alban
Enthusiast
alban began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Just gets better!

Thanks guys - great achievment and makes the Kindle 3 an all-round ereader.
alban is offline   Reply With Quote