Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #211
geoffwood
Addict
geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT+K4T+PRST1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cghipp View Post
I wanted to point out a few other sleeves that caught my eye. I just saw this one on Amazon for the first time. No reviews yet, but the design is very clever - it looks just like run-of-the-mill manila envelope, but it comes in genuine leather and synthetic leather versions and is less than $20. I also saw a version in black synthetic leather.
manila genuine leather version
manila synthetic leather version
black synthetic leather version
e[/URL]
As I noted Yesterday (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=192) I have one of these sleeves and am quite happy with it. I got the one sized for the Kindle Touch but it fits my K4NT and my T1 just fine (only one at a time ) It won't offer much "smash" protection as it is just Leather with a felt type lining, but for scratch protection when travelling it is just what I need.
geoffwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #212
bibahbuzemann
Addict
bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: PRS-T1
It wasn't my intention to have my opinion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
rammed down the throat of those that prefer something different.
I was just trying to
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
Be polite in discussing the alleged benefits of one style over the other.
And I was certainly not involved in any
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
pissing competition between those who prefer a pouch style cover or a case
As for the marsupium/pouch thing: the only Australians I ever met were from the east coast and they had a sense of humour.
bibahbuzemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2012, 11:25 PM   #213
cghipp
Zealot
cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffwood View Post
As I noted Yesterday (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=192) I have one of these sleeves and am quite happy with it. I got the one sized for the Kindle Touch but it fits my K4NT and my T1 just fine (only one at a time ) It won't offer much "smash" protection as it is just Leather with a felt type lining, but for scratch protection when travelling it is just what I need.
How did I miss that?!? This one seems like it might look better and better, the older it gets. Do you think that, as it gets "broken in," it will look more and more like an actual manila envelope? I'm thinking about getting my husband a reader for Valentine's Day or Father's Day, and I think he would like that sleeve.
cghipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:01 AM   #214
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibahbuzemann View Post
It wasn't my intention to have my opinion
I was just trying to
And I was certainly not involved in any
As for the marsupium/pouch thing: the only Australians I ever met were from the east coast and they had a sense of humour.
Are marsupiums the same as marsupials? Kangaroos, etc?

TBH it would be better to have a separate thread for sleeves/pouches, which might avoid these little case style wars.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #215
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
TBH it would be better to have a separate thread for sleeves/pouches, which might avoid these little case style wars.
I'm sure someone would find something controversial in that

I use a thin fabric sleeve, which I bought from etsy, inserted in the Incipio Sport Zip Case only upside down so I only have to unzip the bottom of the case to slide my reader in and out. The case also holds my USB cord, charger, microfiber cloth, and clip-on light. I used this for my KK and still use it for my T1.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #216
bibahbuzemann
Addict
bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Quote:
Are marsupiums the same as marsupials? Kangaroos, etc?
A marsupium is what the little guy's head is sticking out of.

Quote:
I don't mind the "one stop for all covers" thread. It has advantages too, like convincing sleeve proponents to better protect thier T1.

But seriously, I've seen some really nice sleeves too and I especially respect those who construct thier own.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #217
Sega
Enthusiast
Sega began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T1
Just returned Sony case with light after using it for a month.

I really didn't like the plastic feel of this case and holding the case has always been akward for me.

Also light feature was nice to have but realized that I don't really need it.

Gotta look for more comfortable and less expensive case now.

Last edited by Sega; 01-15-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Sega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #218
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I mostly use cases with my devices, but the slip-on covers have a really nice advantage in that they can be reused with more than one device, which is not often the case with cases. I would love to pick up a case with some extra padding of some sort on the front to cover the screen.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:01 PM   #219
m3l7d0wN
Zealot
m3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony PRS-T1
hi!
I have just made a new case for my sony. I bought a nice agenda for 6 euros, removed everything inside it and I placed 4 pieces of velcro behind the reader and the agenda. I didn't want elastic or laces.

Here are some pics:

m3l7d0wN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #220
bibahbuzemann
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3l7d0wN View Post
hi!
I have just made a new case for my sony. I bought a nice agenda for 6 euros, removed everything inside it and I placed 4 pieces of velcro behind the reader and the agenda. I didn't want elastic or laces.
Wow! Looks nice enough, but all that sticky stuff on the bottom of the T1 scares me!

I did someting similar here: www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161523

But I had my choice of scotch tape. Those velcro thingies are often made to STICK, permanently!
Old 01-17-2012, 05:13 AM   #221
m3l7d0wN
Zealot
m3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibahbuzemann View Post
Wow! Looks nice enough, but all that sticky stuff on the bottom of the T1 scares me!

I did someting similar here: www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161523

But I had my choice of scotch tape. Those velcro thingies are often made to STICK, permanently!
well, I used bostik glue to attach velcro on the reader and on the case. The reader is very stable, and it's quite easy to remove from the case...
but yeah, removing the velcro pieces would be very difficult i think (maybe with some solvents), but I don't plan to remove them in the future. However, I think they make the reader surface more "soft" and comfortable when used on a surface, so they're not bad at all :P
m3l7d0wN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #222
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
I used velcro on the back of my Jetbook Lite to hook it into a homemade case. When I peeled it off, it came off with no problems, no sticky residue, nothing. I used self stick velcro that I bought at Lowes Home Improvment, if that makes a difference.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:50 PM   #223
log
log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer102 View Post
Too many options to choose from here with cases. I'm happy with the sony lighted cover but I do agree that the back of it feels funny and it is definitely not quite as rich looking as some of the other cases out there. I do like how formed to the reader it is though. I was even thinking of using the accessory discount that Sony sent me to get a non-lighted sony case as well. it really keeps the reader very small. That being said, I have yet to find the perfect case. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
At this point I love my standard Sony case (had it for 3 months now). It really keeps the device really light and does not add any bulk to it. I don't want to sacrifice that at this point.

That being said for me I think a perfect combo would be clip on light that fits with the T1 in the standard case for the occasions where I do need it. For now I switch to my LCD tablet on the evening commute but would be nice to have a good clip on light so I can "retire" my tablet for ebooks.
log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #224
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by log View Post
At this point I love my standard Sony case (had it for 3 months now). It really keeps the device really light and does not add any bulk to it. I don't want to sacrifice that at this point.

That being said for me I think a perfect combo would be clip on light that fits with the T1 in the standard case for the occasions where I do need it. For now I switch to my LCD tablet on the evening commute but would be nice to have a good clip on light so I can "retire" my tablet for ebooks.
My husband uses this light:

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/ereadi...m_page:richrel

It's the best clip on light I've seen so far; it lights up the screen well but it's not too bright, and it is very light. It is also very easy to adjust. The batteries are relatively expensive, though.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #225
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by phloxy View Post
I don't use leather products, so some of the choices at Timbuk2 and elsewhere are out for me. This thread has been very helpful, BTW.
Here is a hemp cover for the T1 from Tuff-Luv. I think it's a good leather alternative.

http://www.amazon.com/Tuff-Luv-Natur...6855172&sr=8-1
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote