Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #1
PennyPie
Cocoa & Toast...mmmmmm...
PennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone
Newbie From Exotic Cleveland Says 'Hi'!

I've been lurking around here for a couple months...having received a Sony PRS-700 for my B-day back in May. I'm LOVING my Sony, enjoying all you folks here, and have downloaded lots of reading & listening material.

Just wanted to jump in & say 'Hi'...hope I'll be able to add to the discussions here from time to time...ya'll seem like a real nice group! (You're book lovers...what more needs to be said!)

PennyPie
PennyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:35 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, PennyPie! I'm glad you came out of "lurk" mode.

What a nice B-day present. I have the 505 and love it. (it was a Christmas present from my son)

It sounds like you know your way around this place, so now that you are an "official" MR member, you can jump in and join the fun.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2009, 03:43 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Penny and welcome to MobileRead. I also have a 505 and really like it. Be sure and check out teh list of libraries that lend out eBooks here https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EBook_Lending_Libraries
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:45 PM   #4
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Hi Penny & welcome to Mobileread
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:06 PM   #5
PennyPie
PennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheese

"libraries that lend out eBooks ..."

Just so happens that Overdrive, which produces most of the books the libraries have for lending, is headquartered here in Cleveland. One of my best friends has worked for them since their beginning days as the head of the computer & technology dept.

Our library here, Cuyahoga County Library, has quite an extensive assortment of ebooks. Here's their link:

http://cuyahogalibrary.org/

cassidym - Thanks for the tip...lots of resources there!

PenyPie
Advert
Old 08-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #6
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome PennyPie! The pup in your avatar looks very cute!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:58 PM   #7
PennyPie

Am...that's my little long-hair Chihuahua, Molly. She's a great little boat dog - weighs in at a whopping 4-1/2 lbs!

Penny
Old 08-06-2009, 06:20 PM   #8
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Welcome Exotic Cleveland you say? Maybe even rocking?

Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #9
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyPie View Post
Am...that's my little long-hair Chihuahua, Molly. She's a great little boat dog - weighs in at a whopping 4-1/2 lbs!

Penny
So not too heavy to carry on board if she decides she can't make the jump!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:20 AM   #10
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello PennyPie, and Click image for larger version

Name:	welcome aboard.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	33769

I have a Sony Reader also (a 505) and love it (not a gift, though.)

Molly looks really cute. I've also 2 long-haired Chihuahuas. Such sweet little dogs.

Name:  Ohio.gif
Views: 197
Size:  72.0 KB
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:42 AM   #11
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, PennyPie!

It's great to have another May Baby on board! MR does have a lot of nice members who are wonderfully helpful and supportive. Don't be shy about jumping into the discussions, I was at first but found out quickly how really friendly everyone is. We'd love to hear from you. Enjoy!

Happy Reading.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:00 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Cleveland was the first library system to adopt ePub eBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:05 AM   #13
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi PennyPie, welcome to MR!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:27 PM   #14
PennyPie

Mollly & Hubby George & I spent the weekend on the boat...Great sailing! Thanks for all the kind welcomes! Hope to meet up with you all in some of the discussions!

Penny