Notices

Old 07-01-2019, 02:39 PM   #1
CmplxAdSys
Enthusiast
CmplxAdSys began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Previously highlighted text appears dim

Hi,

I'm running KOReader v2019.06 on a Kobo H2O (Gen 1). I highlight on my device using KOReader and sync it to Calibre sometimes by just sending the device version to Calibre.

I noticed that when I re-imported the PDF from Calibre after doing some editing to the PDF (adding a ToC) in Nitro Pro 12, KOReader displays the highlights very faintly, and also does not recognize them as full highlights; in other words, I'm also not able to interact with these highlights in KOReader by, for instance, tapping them to then delete them.

Here are some pictures to show you what I mean:

How text I highlighted in KOReader appears on a PDF reader on PC when I move the file over there(this is good -- highlights appear and behave normally. I can interact with the highlights made in KOReader in the PC program):
Spoiler:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shot1.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	544.0 KB
ID:	172206

How the text I highlighted appears on KOReader when I re-import from PC (this is bad -- the text that was highlighted is lighter than normal and no longer is recognized as a highlight by KOReader - can't tap to delete for example):
Spoiler:

Name:	Reader_2019-Jul-01_140020.png
Views:	232
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	172207

How some newly-highlighted text in KOREADER appears (The new one added is normal. It's darker, and is recognized as a highlight):
Spoiler:

Name:	Reader_2019-Jul-01_140108.png
Views:	238
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	172208

I noticed this issue was mentioned on a previous thread, but I didn't see any possible solutions.

Any tips on how to get imported highlights to behave nicely in KOReader would be appreciated. Thanks!
CmplxAdSys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 04:57 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yup, I'm fairly sure there's an open issue about that on GitHub, or that it's at least cross-referenced somewhere.

As PDF is basically pain, patches welcome .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2020, 01:20 PM   #3
kmoll
kmoll understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kmoll understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kmoll understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kmoll understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kmoll understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kmoll understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kmoll understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kmoll understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kmoll understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kmoll understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kmoll understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Hi, any update on this issue? Still experience this bug.
Thanks
kmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 01:21 PM   #4
kmoll
kmoll understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kmoll understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kmoll understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kmoll understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kmoll understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kmoll understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kmoll understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kmoll understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kmoll understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kmoll understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kmoll understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
In fact, it even happens with highlights made from inside koreader itself, when re-opening the file later.
kmoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
highlighting, kobo aura h2o, koreader, pdf