Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-21-2019, 11:39 AM   #1
Vanguard3000
Groupie
Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
H2O losing my page on startup

Lately I've been finding my Kobo Aura H2O has been losing my place when the device powers off, so that when I start it up and open the book again, it'll take me to the beginning of the book somewhere, either the title page (i.e. the first ToC item) or strangely, a few pages in.

I was having some other issues with it relating to connecting via USB and getting a decent wifi connection, and had done an overhaul of my ePub library (it may be worth noting I sideload all of my books), and did a factory reset and reloaded all of my books, and am still having this issue.

I am using firmware 4.15.12920. Anyone else having this issue? any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Vanguard3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 12:15 PM   #2
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Yes, a bug was introduced with 4.15 that can cause this. See the firmware thread for full discussion.... the short, I advise either downgrading to 4.14 version firmware (see developer forum for direct firmware download links), or use the Calibre Kobo Touch Extended plugin to sideload your books on Kobo in it's native Kepub format.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:25 PM   #3
Vanguard3000
Groupie
Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Ugh, okay, thanks. I did a search and found nothing, though I had the returns come as threads rather than posts so that probably accounts for it.

Not a big fan of having to convert my books to a native format. Hopefully the issue will be fixed in the next FW update. Sometimes it seems these updates introduce as many bugs as they fix.

Thanks again for your help.
Vanguard3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 05:40 PM   #4
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Check the latter part of this thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=320399&page=9
robko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo aura h2o, start up