Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-29-2017, 04:25 PM   #1
superdadidou
superdadidou began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Édition 2
Question Help: Title, Series and author on 3 lines

Hello everyone.

2 days ago, I bought the Kobo H2O edition 2 and used Calibre for the first time (version 3.5.0). By browsing the web I came across this article https://francisblog59.wordpress.com/...-liseuse-kobo/ .

I would like to reproduce the same manipulation with the title on the first line, the series + the number on the second and the author for the last.
To know:
Title
Series - Serial Number
Author

The problem is that I can not get the series + the number on a second line, they stay on the first. I have glanced at the Model Language tutorial of Calibre to try and solve this problem myself, but nothing to my knowledge indicates the "line break".

If anyone could explain to me how to do or find a solution, I will be really grateful!

While waiting for an answer, I wish you all a good day.

PS: Sorry for my bad english, I'm French.

Last edited by superdadidou; 07-29-2017 at 04:28 PM.
superdadidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 05:52 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdadidou View Post
Hello everyone.

2 days ago, I bought the Kobo H2O edition 2 and used Calibre for the first time (version 3.5.0). By browsing the web I came across this article https://francisblog59.wordpress.com/...-liseuse-kobo/ .

I would like to reproduce the same manipulation with the title on the first line, the series + the number on the second and the author for the last.
To know:
Title
Series - Serial Number
Author

The problem is that I can not get the series + the number on a second line, they stay on the first. I have glanced at the Model Language tutorial of Calibre to try and solve this problem myself, but nothing to my knowledge indicates the "line break".

If anyone could explain to me how to do or find a solution, I will be really grateful!

While waiting for an answer, I wish you all a good day.

PS: Sorry for my bad english, I'm French.
It is the responsibility of the device for presentation.
The Calibre metadata is 3 separate fields. Author and Title are industry standards.
Series is not , so Calibre has custom metadata it inserts into the OPF for possible use. It is NOT a standard.

Have you tried Kobo Utilities Plugin? This may extend what you ca send to your Kobo. It can not change what the device can do, only make use of features the basic Calibre driver does not use.

I am an American, so I do not speak French (or other languages) other than Please and Thank you
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 12:05 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Hello everyone.

To know:
Title
Series - Serial Number
Author

Have you plugged the device in again after sending the books to it? The series info cannot be set on the Kobo device when a book is added. It gets set the next time the device is connected.

If it isn't being set after the next connection, then you need to check the configuration. The driver needs to have the option set (right click on the device button when it is connected, select the configure menu item and go through the options), and on the "Sending books to device" page of the preferences, Metadata Management needs to be set to automatic.

If you have the series info showing in the title line, then either you have the series info in the title in the calibre library, or you are using a metadata plugboard to set it. You need to either fix the title, or remove the plugboard for future books. The Kobo Utilities plugin can be used to change the metadata for books already on the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:13 AM   #4
superdadidou

Hello.

Thank you so much for yours answer! I managed to do what I wanted thanks to all your advice.

But I still have another question: when I chose to sort by title in my Kobo, the ebook whose title begins with an article (Le, La, Les... or A, The...) are not in the right order. For example, "The Cursed Prince" appears in the "c" and not in the "t".

In Calibre the metadata displays well "The Cursed Prince" and in save_template_title_series_sorting I set strictly_alphabetic.

Does this problem come from the Kobo in itself? Or did I misconfigure Calibre?
Old 07-31-2017, 08:17 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It's not a problem. Kobo is doing the correct sorting of titles.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:56 AM   #6
superdadidou

Hello and thank you for your answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's not a problem. Kobo is doing the correct sorting of titles.
Really? Yet for me "The Cursed Prince" begins with a "t" and not a "c" seen that the first word of the title is "The". But it may just be a personal preference on my part and a habit that the alphabetical sorting of my old Cybook was like that.

So I guess it's impossible to sort alphabetically on my Kobo the way I want it?
Old 07-31-2017, 09:24 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Really!
Sorting including the leading Article (AKA Noise words) is not proper

Just like sorting Authors by their given (firs) name.
Libraries (and almost every other establishment) have sorted books by LAST name for years
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:03 AM   #8
superdadidou

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Really!
Sorting including the leading Article (AKA Noise words) is not proper

Just like sorting Authors by their given (firs) name.
Libraries (and almost every other establishment) have sorted books by LAST name for years
It's true that libraries use this method... I think it's just a bad habit that I took on my old Cybook, I just have to get used to the right way to sort!

I just have to try to understand why I have an error when I use the plugin KoboTouchExtented and that the title contains a special character (é, è, à ...), and I will be fully satisfied with my configuration.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:41 PM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I just have to try to understand why I have an error when I use the plugin KoboTouchExtented and that the title contains a special character (é, è, à ...), and I will be fully satisfied with my configuration.
There is some pain around non-ascii characters and the extended driver. I don't remember that the title had problems, but maybe so. The best place to discuss this is the thread for the plugin. A search of it will hopefully find the issues.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 06:22 AM   #10
superdadidou

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
There is some pain around non-ascii characters and the extended driver. I don't remember that the title had problems, but maybe so. The best place to discuss this is the thread for the plugin. A search of it will hopefully find the issues.
What is strange is that it didn't do it at first... But thank you I will see the thread for the plugin.

Tags
calibre, kobo, kobo aura h2o, kobotouchextented