Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-19-2020, 12:36 AM   #1
fedex-bermu
fedex-bermu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Kobo: Error communicating with device

I own a Clara and just have updated to the last firmware, and also updated Calibre. When I open Calibre and connect my ereader as always it appears the error communicating with device screen.

The following are the details of the error:
Spoiler:
Code:
calibre, version 4.12.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

IOError: disk I/O error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 90, in run
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 513, in _books
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1859, in books
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 187, in get_database_version
  File "c:\t\t\apsw-k8s6ukkv\src\cursor.c", line 1019, in APSWCursor_execute.sqlite3_prepare
  File "c:\t\t\apsw-k8s6ukkv\src\statementcache.c", line 386, in sqlite3_prepare
IOError: IOError: disk I/O error

Thanks in advance
fedex-bermu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:57 AM   #2
fedex-bermu
fedex-bermu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
For some strange reason I cannot edit my post. So Update: I restarted my kobo by pressing the on off button and now it works fine, so, who knows...
fedex-bermu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2020, 01:52 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That usually means that the database on the device is corrupt. You can try restarting the device. That can help, but, it usually doesn't. Unless you have a recent backup of the database, you will need to do sign-out of your Kobo account on the device, and then sign back in. This will recreate the databases and reimport the sideloaded books. Unfortunately, you will lose the reading status of the sideloaded books.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 05:40 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedex-bermu View Post
For some strange reason I cannot edit my post. ...
That isan anti-spam feature for new members. It will be allowed after participating here for a while.

If something really needs changing (Like OMG I put my password there), use the Report Post button next to that post and indicate the change needed. Please consider that is not for routine edits.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote