Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-04-2020, 02:11 AM   #1
sebastiano97
sebastiano97 began at the beginning.

Device: windows 7
Calibre

Hi,I would like to thank the developer for creating such an awesome program and I would like someone to please help me out regarding an issue.
The issue/problem is I want to create spaces b/w the paragraph's while reading the epubs as,most of the epubs that I read have sentences that are inter linked with each other/continuous manner and I would like to know the shortcuts to create such spaces b/w the paragraph,instead of manually editing the css file of the epub.

P.S I am a new to this area and I do apologize in advance
sebastiano97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 02:02 AM   #2
sebastiano97
sebastiano97 began at the beginning.

Device: windows 7
Give up

wow,I guess it's time to find other program or better yet start reading a pdf which is much more readable.I am surprised to see that no one even bothered to help a new user out and If any mod's are reading this please close this thread,as I am not going to comeback to this forum
sebastiano97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2020, 05:11 AM   #3
Horus68
Zealot
Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
You could change the CSS style in the viewer.

Hint: next time make the topic subject a clear one not just "Calibre"
Horus68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 07:44 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastiano97 View Post
Hi,I would like to thank the developer for creating such an awesome program and I would like someone to please help me out regarding an issue.
The issue/problem is I want to create spaces b/w the paragraph's while reading the epubs as,most of the epubs that I read have sentences that are inter linked with each other/continuous manner and I would like to know the shortcuts to create such spaces b/w the paragraph,instead of manually editing the css file of the epub.

P.S I am a new to this area and I do apologize in advance
this is the first time reading this thread so I've not seen your question. As has been said, it could be the topic is why I never saw it before now.

Anyway, use the editor in Calibre to edit your ePub. In the CSS, add in margin-bottom: 0.5em; to the p style. That will add space between paragraphs.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 10:44 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Totally agree with others. The subject was so poorly chosen that I skipped over it. (and after reading the question, I was at a loss to what to re-title it using my Mod powers)
I THINK
This was a an attempt to do a 2 column PDF conversion. (not only is it a PDF, but it was 2 columns)

OP might I direct your eyes to this sticky
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=118605

Note: I can move this thread to Conversions if it truly was about converting. PM me
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2020, 12:13 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The other concern is that quite often such poorly formatted material has been obtained through doubtful sources; MobileRead is loathe to help people with issues pertaining to pirated material.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote