Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-10-2015, 04:21 AM   #1
Zugim
Zugim began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage (prospective)
Buying Kindle Voyage (Osaka, Japan)

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum so apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.

Whilst I realise it probably a long shot I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy a Kindle Voyage in Osaka Japan as they seem to be a fair bit cheaper over here then back in the UK.

I was also wondering if anyone knew if I would have any problems using it back in the UK. I am aware that the 3G doesn't work outside of Japan on Japanese devices but as I am only interested in the wifi version this wouldn't be a problem for me.

Thanks for reading and hopefully someone can help
Zugim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 07:30 AM   #2
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Have a look at this thread. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=197226 Yes, it is old and relates to the Paperwhite, but it gives you some idea of where to look. Bic Cameras seems a good bet.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2015, 09:09 AM   #3
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Yes, buying a Japanese version is fine. Go for it! Bic Camera is definitely your best bet. That is, if they have Bic Cameras in Osaka. I'm in Tokyo.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:10 AM   #4
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Take your passport with you and you should be able to get it tax free.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:52 AM   #5
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Please post back and give us an idea of the price. I have friends visiting Japan in a few weeks and might not be able to resist if the price is good enough!
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2015, 12:26 PM   #6
jeffyen
Connoisseur
jeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle PW2
Do note of the warranty issues. Amazon US will not entertain warranty claims. (They know from the serial numbers.) However, the price is low so many probably won't mind.
jeffyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 01:23 PM   #7
Zugim
Zugim began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage (prospective)
Thanks

Hi guys, thanks very much for getting back to me. Sounds as though Bic Camera is definitely going to be my best bet. I believe there is one in Namba so will go take a look in the couple of days. I had a look on there website and they don't seem to sell them on there but hopefully they will have them in store. If they have them I will let you darryl.
Zugim is offline   Reply With Quote