Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #1
gioele
gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.

Device: none
Hidden WiFi network always forgotten

The WiFi network I use is hidden.[1] The Kobo Glo works fine with this network but only for a single task, for example synchronizing the library. Once the Kobo disconnects from the network it forgets about it and I need to re-enter the network name and its password. It takes three such manual re-insertions to buy a single book.

Is this a known problem? Is there a solution or a workaround?

My Kobo Glo is on firmware version 2.3.1.

Also, what is the correct way to report bugs to Kobo developers?

[1] I do not administer this network, I just use it and I cannot change the way it is provided to us users.

Last edited by gioele; 12-23-2012 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Add info about firmware version
gioele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
oj829
Groupie
oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc(32GB), Kobo Arc 7HD, Kobo Glo HD,NookHD
Use the Kobo desktop to update the Glo's firmware to 2.3.1?

I used to have the same problem with my Glo (EVERY TIME) until the 2.3.1 update. It's not one of the listed fixes in the release notes, but maybe they're too embarrassed to admit it ever happened.
oj829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #3
gioele
gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by oj829 View Post
Use the Kobo desktop to update the Glo's firmware to 2.3.1?
My Kobo Glo is already at 2.3.1. I think it downloaded that version during the initial setup process. And it succeeded in doing that via WiFi and using the same hidden network.
gioele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #4
oj829
Groupie
oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc(32GB), Kobo Arc 7HD, Kobo Glo HD,NookHD
Don't know what to tell you, but my identical problem disappeared as of going to 2.3.1 (also updated over the air, not with Desktop, and also by manually entering the network name and passphrase - a huge PITA, as you clearly know already).

Only difference between our experiences seems to be that I did not get 2.3.1 on initial setup out of the box, but an older version (can't recall which right now). I only got 2.3.1 a few days ago.
oj829 is offline   Reply With Quote