Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-06-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
Anjohl
Zealot
Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo Vox server down?

I called Kobo, they are claiming the Vox Kobo server is down globally. I haven't been able to access my books, the store, or any Kobo-related app on the Vox since Friday.
Anjohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:42 PM   #2
kaikara
Zealot
kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
I just tried my Deskop app and it syncs fine and I can access the store there.
kaikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
Anjohl
Zealot
Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaikara View Post
I just tried my Deskop app and it syncs fine and I can access the store there.
Yes, it works on my phone as well. Apparently, it is the Vox server specifically, which is a different server. I am strongly considering returning mine and calling the whole ereader thing off.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:36 PM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I would not be surprised if the Vox team is working furiously this weekend. I would also not be surprised for this hard work to result in an update fairly soon.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:06 PM   #5
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Not true I can access anything in Kobo and download from my Vox (in Canada). Right now and earlier after your first post. Whoever told you it was global was misinformed.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 07:04 PM   #6
kaikara
Zealot
kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mine is working too just tried it. I don't get why you wouldn't be able to access your books though. You don't need to be connected to Kobo just to read what has already been downloaded to your device. At worst if the server was down you wouldn't be able to sync or get new books but that wouldn't stop you from reading.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #7
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Vox
Kaikara, how'd you sync the desktop app with the vox? Thought it wasn't supported.
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #8
kaikara
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypherslock View Post
Kaikara, how'd you sync the desktop app with the vox? Thought it wasn't supported.
I didn't sync the vox with the desktop app. i just said that I opened the desktop app and synced it with Kobo as well as checked the store within the app and it was all working okay.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:13 PM   #9
Anjohl
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaikara View Post
Mine is working too just tried it. I don't get why you wouldn't be able to access your books though. You don't need to be connected to Kobo just to read what has already been downloaded to your device. At worst if the server was down you wouldn't be able to sync or get new books but that wouldn't stop you from reading.
That was what I asked the Kobo rep as well...and she said it's a known issue that they are working on.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:32 PM   #10
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I showed my dh a vox in coles today. There is no access to internet in the store but I could read books that had been downloaded on the device in the kobo app.
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote