Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-18-2011, 08:46 PM   #1
La Coccinelle
Connoisseur
La Coccinelle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.La Coccinelle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.La Coccinelle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.La Coccinelle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.La Coccinelle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo (original)
Question How does the Touch handle PDFs?

I've recently had a number of e-galleys in PDF format. Unfortunately, as they are not actual finished books, they don't always have all the features yet... like chapter breaks.

Does the Kobo Touch have a feature that would allow me to go to a certain page on a PDF? I have an original Kobo, and the lack of this feature means I either have to read the whole book on my Kobo or use ADE on my computer (and I'd like to have the ability to switch back and forth without manually having to page ahead on my Kobo and drain the battery).
La Coccinelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:00 PM   #2
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Coccinelle View Post
I've recently had a number of e-galleys in PDF format. Unfortunately, as they are not actual finished books, they don't always have all the features yet... like chapter breaks.

Does the Kobo Touch have a feature that would allow me to go to a certain page on a PDF? I have an original Kobo, and the lack of this feature means I either have to read the whole book on my Kobo or use ADE on my computer (and I'd like to have the ability to switch back and forth without manually having to page ahead on my Kobo and drain the battery).
The Kobo Touch does not have a go to page feature for PDF's but it does have a slider bar that is used to quickly choose a page either forward or backward. i.e. it's better than a go to feature.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
Toastedpine
Connoisseur
Toastedpine doesn't litterToastedpine doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe563
The Kobo Touch does not have a go to page feature for PDF's but it does have a slider bar that is used to quickly choose a page either forward or backward. i.e. it's better than a go to feature.
It's not bad, though it does get a little unstable I find when I'm skipping through pages on a cbz that's stored inside an SD card. If I slide it forward, and then back to get to the precise page I wan't sometimes it causes my card to unmount.
Toastedpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:04 PM   #4
La Coccinelle
Connoisseur
La Coccinelle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.La Coccinelle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.La Coccinelle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.La Coccinelle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.La Coccinelle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo (original)
Hmmm... it's interesting that they still haven't included this go-to-page feature. The Touch has an on-screen keyboard, no? Why should it be so hard to go to the exact page you want?
La Coccinelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:08 AM   #5
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Coccinelle View Post
Hmmm... it's interesting that they still haven't included this go-to-page feature. The Touch has an on-screen keyboard, no? Why should it be so hard to go to the exact page you want?
The slider bar works fine. It shows the page you are on, and there are forward/back buttons to fine-tune the position to an exact page. That's faster than selecting a Goto Page function, bringing up a keyboard, and tapping out a page number.
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert