Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-01-2010, 01:06 PM   #1
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Making Cover Thumbnails Appear

I just got my 350 yesterday, and am pleased with the build quality and screen, but the firmware keeps insisting on displaying cover images on the home page, and half the time it won't see the covers I've put into calibre. Trying to convert the files with calibre so that they include a cover doesn't seem to make a different.

What do I need to do to get the Reader to recognize all this cover art (or stop trying to show it all to me?)
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:26 PM   #2
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
It has come to my attention that trying to make this work using calibre's conversion tool did not merely fail to work, but also broke the references to all my stylesheets ARGGH
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
You can tell the 350 to display books as a list in you prefer that. Just click options while in the books section. ( oops, just realised you meant the home page, sorry )

I just went through all my books today and gave them new covers using calibre and my 350 sees them all.........Mind you my CSS files were a mess as Ive been fiddling with them for weeks. I scrapped them all today and started fresh and converted my old lrfs to new epubs, but never had any problems with thumbnails.
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote