Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-22-2012, 06:46 AM   #1
Jyohomson
Reader
Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kindle 3 3G (Broken), Kindle Touch (Broken), Kindle PW2
Cool The Hitchhiker's Kindle to the Galaxy

Hasn't anyone noticed the similarities?

The kindle. And the hitchhiker's guide.
We should make them one!

Has someone ever done a physical hack to make the kindle look like a guide?
Jyohomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:18 AM   #2
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
I had a sticker on the cover of my K4 that said "Don't Panic!" When I got my Paperwhite, though, I gifted that cover to my cousin.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #3
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
Smile Somebody has thought about that before

http://xkcd.com/548/

Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #4
Jyohomson
Reader
Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.

Sure somebody would have

Douglas Adams
How we love thee!
Old 12-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #5
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Here's a screensaver for you...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DontPanic.png
Views:	2164
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	98096  
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2012, 04:45 AM   #6
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3
I use this one on my K3 for over a year now .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dontpanic.png
Views:	485
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	98101  
Kai771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:31 AM   #7
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
From the Kindle's Developer Corner

Did you also see this, this, this, these from this and geekmaster's trimillenary post! here?

SCNR
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #8
Jyohomson
Reader

Smile Lets go physical.

Guys. I meant a physical hack. You know, like custom skins or covers. Or actual lights in the back the kindle telling you not to panic. Hasn't anyone done that?
Anyways, Love the screensavers guys!
Old 12-25-2012, 02:20 PM   #9
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyohomson View Post
Guys. I meant a physical hack. You know, like custom skins or covers. Or actual lights in the back the kindle telling you not to panic. Hasn't anyone done that?
Anyways, Love the screensavers guys!
I guess you missed this? Or maybe it doesn't count for some reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
I had a sticker on the cover of my K4 that said "Don't Panic!" When I got my Paperwhite, though, I gifted that cover to my cousin.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:50 PM   #10
Jyohomson
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
I guess you missed this? Or maybe it doesn't count for some reason?
This one is fine. I just wanted more.
Ands since everyone went out of track by posting screensavers...
Old 12-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #11
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
On a related note, the 5 books in 1 edition is reduced in the latest Kindle sale.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #12
TheFezMan
TheFezMan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3.4
My friends and I have noticed this similarity and so have started to write a guide however we're having problems with the formatting of the document so searches are title only and page breaks however here it is

http://goo.gl/RrEoD
TheFezMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:40 AM   #13
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyohomson View Post

Hasn't anyone noticed the similarities?

The kindle. And the hitchhiker's guide.
We should make them one!

Has someone ever done a physical hack to make the kindle look like a guide?
I've always thought kindles were not unlike the P.A.D.D. of Star Trek. Especially now that I have a Paperwhite and a fully touch screen operated one.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
douglas adams, hitchhiker, kindle