Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-04-2010, 05:41 PM   #1
puglover333
Enthusiast
puglover333 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.puglover333 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.puglover333 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3 KDXG
Need good PDF viewing and library capability

Hi,

I have a Kindle, but have a few issues with it. I am looking to get a second reader to compliment the Kindle.

I have a lot of books in pdf format. Some of them convert fine using calibre, but others don't. The inability of the Kindle to change font size on a pdf file means that most of the books are unreadable on it. I want something that handles pdf files better.

I also want to be able to check out books from my local library, which I can't do on the Kindle.

Is the sony my best bet? I know it can do both of these things (my dad has one I've been able to play with). I don't know enough about the choices to make an informed decision.

Thanks very much for any input.

Ginny
puglover333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:02 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The Sony has rather poor PDF capability; specifically, it "forgets" the zoom level every time you turn the page, and you have to reset it, which is extremely inconvenient.

I'd suggest looking at the BeBook Neo / Onyx Boox 60 (they are the same machine). It has perhaps the best PDF handling of any 6" reader, and, being ADE-based, works just fine with library books too.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
puglover333
Enthusiast
puglover333 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.puglover333 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.puglover333 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3 KDXG
Thanks a bunch Harry.

I have an Onyx Boox 60 on the way!
puglover333 is offline   Reply With Quote