Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-08-2010, 10:53 AM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Response from Fictionwise CS Regarding Missing Titles

Greetings,

A couple days a go I sent the following message to Fictionwise customer service:

"You wrote:
This title is no longer available to download. I purchased
this and the Skrayling Tree by Michael Moorcock as pre-orders.
I didn't download them as soon as they became available
because I haven't finished the first book in the series yet.
Will these books be available for download in the near future?
If not, what are my options?"

Today I received the following in response:

Hi,

We are currently working with our providers to resolve the download errors you are experiencing.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing and thank you for your patience as we attempt to resolve this issue.

Best Regards,

Ted
Fictionwise Support Team

Hopefully the books aren't gone for good. It was also nice to actually get a response.

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:57 AM   #2
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I was hoping to see a time estimate on when Fictionwise thinks this will be resolved. I'm patient and have plenty to read.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2010, 12:37 PM   #3
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Recently (don't remember exactly when, but it's within the last couple of weeks) I emailed FW's CS about 3 ebooks I'd found that I couldn't download. (Download is not authorized for this retailer.) That was on a Friday so I wasn't surprised that it took them a couple of days to respond, but when they did they'd fixed the problem with 2 of the books & told me that the 3rd book was no longer available. (I have a real issue with them not notifying people before the books become 'unavailable' but that's discussed on another thread-in fact on several other threads IIRC.)

Anyway, it appears, from that, that some of the issues are technical rather than contractual. Either that or they're 'burning the weekend candle' fixing those contractual issues. (Or maybe I just got real lucky.)
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote