Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 11-30-2009, 12:45 PM   #1
ewilson13
ewilson13 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Question Best Format To Convert to LRF

I have a Sony PRS 505. I usually convert to PDF and THEN convert my files to LRF in Calibre. I'm not very savvy with the formats and this worked for me in the past. I recently had a book in html form that I could not convert to PDF first. So I converted from html to lrf. Unless I buy directly from the Sony store I'm used to my books being one large paragraph. This time the book had separate paragraphs. A happy mistake!
My question is what is the best format to use to convert to LRF?
I know html now successfully converts to lrf. What about .lit? Or.doc?

I apologize if this question has been posted before.
ewilson13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:48 PM   #2
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
PDF is probably the worst format to convert to anything.
HTML is OK. DOC may need some fixing in certain cases, but in general should be OK.
LIT: my experience is not enough to give an opinion.

Calibre is OK, but for best results, have a look a BookDesigner.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2009, 06:37 PM   #3
ewilson13
ewilson13 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Thank you for the reply Pablo. So now I know DOC is a good second choice.
ewilson13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:50 AM   #4
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Almost anything is OK as long as you don't use PDF and use the right s/w to convert to LRF.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
convert to lrf, format, lrf, sony 505