Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-30-2009, 04:54 AM   #1
JohnnyD
Connoisseur
JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Cybook Gen3 (cracked screen)/Bebook/Nokia E60/Nokia 5800/Kobo Aura HD
Obfuscating font and image names

Hi Valoric,

at the moment, Sigil changes font and image names to generic names (e.g. font001 or image001). I admit it looks kind of tidy, but it is not very pratical when editing a (series of) book(s).

Some examples:
- after editing certain aspects of the images in a certain book, I want to repeat the same edits in some other books (because they're all part of the same series). The problem is, that I can't see which image is which in the first book, because all image names in this book have been changed by Sigil to 'image001', 'image002', etc.
- I would like, for personal use, to change all embedded fonts in a certain book to fonts locally stored on my reader. This is something which is typically done in the style sheet of the book. And this is typically a repeating task, so I would like to create a kind of repository for my fonts. But this gets a bit awkward if all fonts are renamed to 'font001', 'font002' etc.

I don't know if this renaming behaviour is a cherished feature or just a side effect of using htmltidy (or something like that), but I would like to keep my original image and font names.

What's your opinion about this?

Cheers,
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:09 PM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
I don't know if this renaming behaviour is a cherished feature or just a side effect of using htmltidy (or something like that), but I would like to keep my original image and font names.

What's your opinion about this?
It's not htmltidy, it's all me. It was a cherished feature until it pissed me off one too many times and now it's scheduled for removal with v0.2.0. All content filenames (XHTML, CSS, fonts, images etc) will be preserved and should be editable in the "book browser" that v0.2.0 will bring.

There's nothing quite like eating your own dog food.

Last edited by Valloric; 10-30-2009 at 06:44 PM. Reason: typo
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2009, 05:40 PM   #3
JohnnyD
Connoisseur
JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Cybook Gen3 (cracked screen)/Bebook/Nokia E60/Nokia 5800/Kobo Aura HD

(better than dog food)
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote