Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-27-2008, 04:51 AM   #1
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
'Battlestar Galactica' is this week's Tor's give-away

If you signed up for the Tor newsletter, you can download the e-book of Jeffrey A. Carver’s Battlestar Galactica for free this week.

More about it at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Battlestar-Gal...dp/0765355167/
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:59 AM   #2
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Maybe I am missing it but I have yet to find the free part.
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2008, 08:02 AM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I think Tad provided a link to Amazon so you could read the reviews.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:04 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I am a bit disappointed at this weeks selection.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:17 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Maybe I am missing it but I have yet to find the free part.
The link will be in the e-Mail that you get from Tor, having signed up for the offer of free e-Books.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2008, 01:21 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Already have the pbook of this one. It is a novilization of the initial mini-series (new version). there is very little new info here. I would skip it if you have other stuff in your to-read pile.

Bob
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:22 PM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So which is better, the old series or the new?
Old 06-27-2008, 04:17 PM   #8
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
New, for sure.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:20 PM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
New, for sure.
I thought so too, until I started watching the original series on Netflix. The original had a better concept, better stories, and more realistic characters.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:21 PM   #10
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
I thought so too, until I started watching the original series on Netflix. The original had a better concept, better stories, and more realistic characters.
Maybe. It had a cute kid and K-9. And everyone had great hair.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:36 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
I like them both. The new series is definately darker. It also gets much deeper into the characters. It focuses alot more on the mysticism of the Lords of Cobol and the 12 colonies. The seer's and hybrids are much more promenent.

Of course, the new series has something the old series didn't, the cylons are actually characters. You see their part of the story and the struggle. The new human like cylons don't all have the same agenda either. The cylon cival war is interesting. Oh and Lucy Lawless is still HOT!

It is also hard to know who to route for. Having a catholic and christain upbrining and beliefs I understand the Cylons belief in the one true God that loves everyone.

Anyway... I ramble...

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:17 AM   #12
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The link will be in the e-Mail that you get from Tor, having signed up for the offer of free e-Books.
Ah! The light bulb has come on. Never got the email. I will stand outside my emailbox until the postman comes.
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 11:27 AM   #13
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Ah! The light bulb has come on. Never got the email. I will stand outside my emailbox until the postman comes.
I only seem to get the emails every other week instead of every week. I am not sure why but the email always includes a link to the previous weeks eBook so I am not missing any. I think I am well beyond the original 12 week offer or whatever it was.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 02:58 PM   #14
plantedbypiggies
oink!
plantedbypiggies doesn't litterplantedbypiggies doesn't litter

Device: Ebookwise 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I only seem to get the emails every other week instead of every week. I am not sure why but the email always includes a link to the previous weeks eBook so I am not missing any. I think I am well beyond the original 12 week offer or whatever it was.

Dale
If you check the bottom of each of the e-mails, they have links for the previous week's e-books so you can still get them. Hope that helps.

I'm on the beta testing list for the new website, and we've still not gotten any word about when it will be up for us to test. So, it's going to be a while longer. I think the project has a lot more going into it than they first anticipated. I'm not complaining, though. Tor's catalogue is one of the largest, and I tend to like what they publish, so it's always good to be able to obtain works from them for free.
plantedbypiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:26 PM   #15
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Thus far, they are up to week 18.

I don't know what's going on, unless the new supercalifragilisitic website this is promoting is behind schedule in implementation, and we should keep watching the skies. Or they like the level of newsletter sign-ups the emails are generating and decided to keep it going for that reason.

Meanwhile, I keep getting ebooks, and the older releases are still all out there if you have the links.

The wallpaper does go away. I managed to miss one week's wallpaper for April 11th. Did anyone grab them who might provide copies? (Yes, I'm a completist.)
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote