Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
geordietastic
geordietastic began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Similar to I Am Legend

Hi, I recently read "I Am Legend" i really enjoyed it and was wondering if someone can recommend something similar.

I love Zombie movies and post apocalyptic story lines. Thanks
geordietastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
I have read that book, and I personally don't know of any along the same lines. When it comes to zombies though, don't miss this thread. I personally would recommend "World War Z" as a zombie book to get you started.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2012, 08:28 PM   #3
geordietastic

Maybe i should be a little clearer, it doesnt have to be exactly along the same lines. Really looking for good Zombie books, so thanks ill check that thread out.

I read some reviews of "World War Z" and a few people said that it was hard to really get attached to the characters because of how the book jumped from one personal account to another. This kinda puts me of reading it, but i may yet give it a look thanks.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:04 AM   #4
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
You know, technically, I am Legend was a vampire outbreak. They only came out at night, slept through the day, stake through the heart, etc., and all that other vampiric type stuff. Right?
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
You know, technically, I am Legend was a vampire outbreak. They only came out at night, slept through the day, stake through the heart, etc., and all that other vampiric type stuff. Right?
Maybe the OP was talking about the movie
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #6
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Well, if you are looking for a good vampire story line where the bloodsuckers seem to be taking over and it looks like the end of everyone, you can try:

Salem's Lot by Stephen King
You have the same vampire take over, but limited more to the town in the book's title.

They Thirst by Robert McCammon
(If you can find it) Vampires taking over L.A.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:18 PM   #7
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Hugh Howey has a new zombie book out, entitled I, Zombie. It's fairly gruesome and told from the zombie point-of-view.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #8
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
The Passage is excellent, but probably 5 times as long as Matheson's book.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:30 PM   #9
stop__dreaming
Addict
stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordietastic View Post
Maybe i should be a little clearer, it doesnt have to be exactly along the same lines. Really looking for good Zombie books, so thanks ill check that thread out.

I read some reviews of "World War Z" and a few people said that it was hard to really get attached to the characters because of how the book jumped from one personal account to another. This kinda puts me of reading it, but i may yet give it a look thanks.
I have almost finished World War Z, and I'm not believing the hype personally.
stop__dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:54 AM   #10
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Quote:
Originally Posted by stop__dreaming View Post
I have almost finished World War Z, and I'm not believing the hype personally.
Same. I'm a zombie fan and while it was a fun read, I don't think it's the be all and end all like most people do.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #11
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
+1 for The Passage but be advised this is supposed to be a trilogy (and the second book is just coming out now). The first book is, in some ways, very much like I Am Legend but with better characterizations and a wider sweep of 'future history.'
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:18 PM   #12
geordietastic

haha yes i did read it, thats why i said similar to it. :P
Old 10-25-2012, 11:22 PM   #13
geordietastic

Thanks for all your replys its been very helpfull. Even though some one said The Passage was part of a trilogy i think ill give it a look.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #14
Tony Richards
Wizard
Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
There are zombie novels out there aplenty, but I Am Legend is an acknowledged sf/horror classic, listed by many readers of those genres as one of their all-time favourite novels, and if you're looking for another book that is anywhere as good ... man, do not hold your breath.
Tony Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:09 AM   #15
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
The Passage is excellent, but probably 5 times as long as Matheson's book.
I think I'll look into that myself when I finish my current book it does sound interesting.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote