Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-04-2012, 06:42 AM   #16
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Palm IIIx, (iPhone|Kindle) Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Problem might be, they have been modified slightly to look good on the new resolution: something that would definitely need to be done to make them look good on the old one... Or at least that's what i assume from having several different fonts from the unofficial font upgrade on my Touch, and they all look flimsy in smaller sizes...
Ah, yes, that's possible.

Although this might also be a problem by Amazon's font library. I had a similar problem until I tried the custom libfreetype. Are you using Amazon's own libfreetype?
bhaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:52 AM   #17
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
NiLuJe,

Will the JBPatch work on the Kindle PW? If not, do you know if efforts are underway to update the various hacks for the PW (i.e. JBPatch, Collections Manager, etc...)? The Kindle PW firmware is version 5.2, FWIW.

Right now I'm manually adding my 400+ books to collections on my PW as it appears that there's no workable Collections plugin for the Touch/PW. To be honest, trying to figure out exactly what hacks I would need for the PW has been very confusing to this non-hacker!

Come on people, get real!

The PW has been shipping for exactly ONE DAY now, and it's limited to the US.

Developers are spread all over the world - at least, I know for sure that NiLuJe and myself are in Europe, so we won't get a Paperwhite anytime soon (I expect to get mine in about a month from now, thanks to a friend in the US who ordered it and will ship it to me).

We can't develop anything for a device that we don't have.

PS: Yes, we will try to adapt the existing tools/patches to the PW. JBPatch, Collections Manager, and others, will (most probably) run on the Paperwhite. Once I actually get my hands on a PW, I'll tell you more.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert