Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 09-29-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
sarah11918
Edge User

Any browsers support reading rollover text? Like xkcd?

Surely someone else here must read xkcd.com -- has anyone discovered which browsers will/can display the text when you hover over the comic?

I can't figure out how to display it on the native browser, nor the built-in view for NewsRob RSS feed reader. I uninstalled Dolphin b/c it was acting up and I haven't bothered to install Opera Mini yet because normally my browsing is done in LastPass anyway, unless I want a native browser feature like send to e-ink or download a file.

Is there a browser that displays the text, or something I can be doing in the normal browser to access that text?

Old 09-29-2010, 11:12 AM   #2
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Doesn't seem to work on touchscreen devices, "No, there is not. Touch screen devices don't have 'mouseover' event
or :hover pseudoclass because there is no pointer at all." From a forum asking for help with getting page markers working in an app http://groups.google.com/group/googl...f20d088dd76612

Advert
Old 09-29-2010, 09:01 PM   #3
sarah11918
Edge User

Thanks cheyennedonna,

I guess life will just be a little less funny for a while. I don't think I saw an option to "view source code" or anything like that, because that would have been the other thing I'd try. I'll have to get hubby to read me the mouseover jokes.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:21 PM   #4
OncTech
Edge User

Still not solved the rollover issue, but this XKCD viewer app probably has what you want: http://www.mediafire.com/?4l55mo3tszo3ud6

I retrieves rollover text and updates itself far as I can tell.