Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-10-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
Saw a new cheap interesting reader

I was in a HMV store in London today and noticed this tablet/reader.

Thought I would mention it as it didnt seem to get noticed here:
It is called the ViewQuest BookBox.

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduct....do?sku=684429

It seems mainly targetted as a reading device, as it did not allow me to do anything, but scroll and read through a menu of books.

The most interesting feature is its display:
As the spec says: "Display - 5" Anti-Glare LED Backlit TFT".
The display felt different like muffled by an anti-glare screen and quite good too.

At that price, it looks quite a good option, but the battery life seems to be a let down.
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:57 AM   #2
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Interesting sounding device - not yet available. I wonder if toning down the light level would increase the battery life. The "magazine" claim is suspect at least if the format is pdf - since scrolling would probably be required on a 5" screen.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert