Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-04-2007, 07:04 AM   #1
flamengo
flamengo began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Can I upload my PDF files to Sony Por.Reader?

Hi guys
Can I upload my own files, books (not brought from CONNECT) to the Sony reader?
regards
flamengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:09 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, as long as they are unprotected.

Note, however, that PDFs which are sized for viewing with an A4/Letter page size will be pretty unreadable on the Reader's screen which is 6x smaller.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2007, 07:18 AM   #3
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
it really depends on the PDF files if they're readable or not. I don't use PDF directly, but I was surprised that the programming books I had could just be read without conversion. http://hightech.afmag.net/the-sony-r...fs-part-2.html

still... it'd be good to run your pdf through rasterfarian first to get optimal results.
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:22 AM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, as long as they are unprotected.
And as long as they are not copyrighted by someone else!

I assume that by "my own files, books" you mean things you have written, if it's things that someone else holds a copyright on (not public domain or under Creative Commons License that specifies that redistribution is allowed) then no. We work very hard not to have material posted here that infringes the copyrights of others.

Aside from that, knock yourself out.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:24 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I think he's asking if he can upload them to his Reader, Nat, not upload them here .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2007, 10:55 AM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3

Ah, yes, missed that, I did.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:03 PM   #7
flamengo
flamengo began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Thanks guys
flamengo is offline   Reply With Quote