Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-19-2010, 08:14 AM   #1
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, PW
Can I make PDF text darker? (Kindle DXG)

Ok i know this is a feature on the K3's, but since we DXG owners are still waiting i wondered if there's a way to convert PDFs, say in calibre, so all the text is bold or something like that?

i'm reading a great book on greek mathematics in PDF format, but the text is so thin and light grey compared to normal books. i don't want to convert to Kindle or mobi format as many of the equations look broken, just want to make the text stand out a bit more.

thanks for any help
max99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:16 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Nope.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2010, 10:07 AM   #3
biodu
Enthusiast
biodu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Hello Max99,

yes you can without any conversion in Calibre, just on your DXG - but not with the Kindle Operation System.

The idea is to load the Duokan OS onto your Kindle. With Duokan you can darken/zoom/crop your PDFs. You will have dual-boot possibility (Kindle OS remains as is and additionally there is the Duokan OS on your DXG). See this thread for details:
http://flip.netzbeben.de/2010/11/duo...ish-gui-today/

I also have tons of pdf on my DXG and I read them only in Duokan while I do the web browsing in Kindle OS.

Best wishes

Biodu

Last edited by biodu; 12-19-2010 at 12:42 PM.
biodu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:05 AM   #4
quincy8boy
quincy8boy began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon DX
Refry to darken

I had a PDF that was saved in Chrome and then transferred to Kindle DX using Calibre. It was too light on Kindle DX. I refried it (printed to Adobe PDF) and then transferred again. Text was perfect. Takes a while to load, though.

Edit: Refried to grayscale from color.

Last edited by quincy8boy; 11-14-2017 at 10:08 AM.
quincy8boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:12 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please don't respond to ancient threads. There's not the slightest chance that the original poster will have the slightest interest in your reply, seven years after asking the question.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert