Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-30-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
ExtraSF
ExtraSolar
ExtraSF began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Release date of adobe Epub and .pdf and bugs.

Hello everybody...after some months with the Dr1000 i'm still waiting for the release of Adobe's Digital editions..i suppose the anouncement of Q4 for release made by Irex is no longer feasible (they shouldn't promise something and then don't deliver).

I would like to know if there will be Epub dictionary lookup because there's something buggy about the current mobipocket lookup - it tends to crash the viewer after a while(anyone had the same problem?).

And the .pdf viewer has some bugs too...when i rotate the screen with page flow on -> when a new page arrives, the screen gets all messed up with wrong characters.
And of course...image based .pdf are very slow to render.
ExtraSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:28 PM   #2
myprecious
Zealot
myprecious began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
The title of your thread is misleading as you do not provide any dates.
myprecious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:45 PM   #3
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I saw in another thread on here that Adobe just recently released a new version of their SDK, including support for new features that use the Barnes and Nobles eBookstore.

It's likely that iRex needed that code for their update, since they're partnering with B&N.

Quote:
Adobe has released an update to the Reader Mobile SDK, the software development kit that enables third-party developers to support PDF, EPUB and Adobe Content Server 4 protected documents on reading devices and in smartphone applications. Version 9.1 delivers improvements in performance and rendering, in addition to supporting password-protected PDF files. It simplifies the workflow for authenticating devices with Adobe Digital Editions. The Enhanced Reader Mobile SDK also supports password-protected EPUB files, including EPUB content sold by the Barnes & Noble eBookstore. For more information, please visit the Reader Mobile Developer Center.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:55 PM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtraSF View Post
I would like to know if there will be Epub dictionary lookup because there's something buggy about the current mobipocket lookup - it tends to crash the viewer after a while(anyone had the same problem?).
I asked them a while ago about dictionary support when they switch to Adobe PDF/ePub. They said that they were working on dictionary support in the new firmware, but were not done with it yet.

This was probably several months ago though. I don't know if the dictionary lookup will be in the initial version (I hope so), or added later. I assume we'll find out more details when they get closer to releasing it.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:41 AM   #5
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
I think that irex isnt going to make anything more for the DR1000S, they promised hundreds of things for 2008 and we are in 2010.

I dont think that they really can live much more time and I think that we will have dead devices without support later this year. This company doesnt deserves any trust.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote