Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-26-2009, 01:29 PM   #1
slushie
slushie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Lightbulb LRF Viewer TOC

Hey first of all, I want to pay homage to you Kovid for your dedication to creating such great software. Thanks man!!

I mostly use LRF files for my PRS505 since they seem to be rendered the best and handled by the reader very well. I'm also a bit anal retentive with respect to the output of all my format conversions so I spend a lot of time tweaking the Chapter detection, margins, etc. Generally this works out great. The only usability issue I've come across is that there is no way to preview the LRF's Table of Contents without sending it to the reader.

I know you're mostly spending time on the new PC-based reader program (which does have a TOC preview) but is there any hope of getting this feature on the old LRF reader? Or maybe integrating LRF into the new program where I can preview the TOC.

Thanks! And keep up the great work
slushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:31 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
i'm not going to add any new features to the LRF viewer. As for adding support for LRF to the new viewer, that will depend on adding support for conversion from LRF
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:54 PM   #3
slushie

Hmm ok what about an option in the lrf-meta command? pretty please or even if you could tell me the best place to look to hack my own script, just to list the TOC for an lrf.

thanks again
Old 05-26-2009, 02:50 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Run lrf2lrs it will produce an XML file that is easy to check for the presence of a TOC
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:55 PM   #5
slushie

yes!! thanks

Tags
lrf, lrf reader, table of contents