Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-02-2014, 11:58 PM   #46
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
I just made an interesting discovery that should probably be added the the FAQ. I purchased a new tablet, and moved my SD Card with an existing calibre companion directory of ebooks to it. I deleted all the books with the file manager and tried to copy them again with CC. It didn't work. I needed to uninstall CC, delete the entire CC structure on the SD card and then reinstall CC. It recreated the directory and then everything worked.

Last edited by kaufman; 10-08-2014 at 09:16 AM.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 02:23 AM   #47
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
I just made an interesting discovery that should probably be added the the FAQ. I purchased a new tablet, and moved my SD Card to it. I deleted all the books with the file manager and tried to copy them again with CC. It didn't work. I needed to uninstall CC, delete the entire CC structure on the SD card and then reinstall CC. It recreated the directory and then everything worked.
Thanks. I added your comment verbatim except for the first sentence. The quote is attributed to you.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2014, 09:18 AM   #48
kaufman
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Thanks. I added your comment verbatim except for the first sentence. The quote is attributed to you.
I happened to read over what I wrote, and I realized that it might not be clear to someone coming to the FAQ late.

I edited my original post to include the line

"with an existing calibre companion directory of ebooks"

in the middle. If you think its fine the way it is, just ignore this post. If you think its clearer this way, feel free to recopy it to the FAQ.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:00 PM   #49
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
I happened to read over what I wrote, and I realized that it might not be clear to someone coming to the FAQ late.

I edited my original post to include the line

"with an existing calibre companion directory of ebooks"

in the middle. If you think its fine the way it is, just ignore this post. If you think its clearer this way, feel free to recopy it to the FAQ.
Thanks. That is clearer, and I recopied it.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:06 PM   #50
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Looks like Google has amended its sd card access system in lollipop. Now an app can ask for permission to be able to access an sdcard or a specific folder in a sdcard and get full permissions.
I think this is a better implementation. Now Apps can be sandboxed without loosing functionality.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2014, 03:07 AM   #51
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Looks like Google has amended its sd card access system in lollipop. Now an app can ask for permission to be able to access an sdcard or a specific folder in a sdcard and get full permissions.
I think this is a better implementation. Now Apps can be sandboxed without loosing functionality.
Joy. Yet another different interface with different behaviors. Reading the API, it isn't clear exactly what one must do or what permissions are required. It does seem clear that there must be a "document provider" on the device that can walk the directory structure of the SD card, and it isn't clear where this provider comes from or how one stores the result.

Add to this the fact that we have no devices with SD cards (much less running lollipop) and that the emulator does not support SD cards, and I can't see supporting anything soon.

I really hope they didn't break the kitkat access method.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:43 PM   #52
kaufman

My tablet is supposed to get the 5.0 update this month. I will check this first.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:30 AM   #53
Sefiriot
Bujavid tekikin
Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: LG G3 D855, Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
My phone (the LG G3 D855 [international version]) will be getting updated sometime before the end of this year, possibly. I'll be happy to test at that point.
Sefiriot is offline   Reply With Quote