Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #1
nhojnesnej
nhojnesnej began at the beginning.

Device: PC running XP
Question Calibre Tabs

I have looked at everything I can understand in the help pages, but something is escaping me...
In the authors tabbed display on the left side of the viewing screen, I'd like to list ,in "tree view", the series and the sub series and then the name of the book. IE. Elizabeth Moon's, The Paksenarrion series has 3 separate sub-series and each of those has several books each. How can I get a display of the hierarchy in the left pane so that it looks like this:
Elizabeth Moon
Paks series
Deed of Paksenarrion
Sheepherders Daughter
Divided Allegiance
ETC
Legacy of Gird
So on and so forth

There's so many series of Scifi and fantasy that do this, and it's rather frustrating not to know how to display it thus... help???
nhojnesnej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:33 PM   #2
Section8
Addict
Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Moon+ Reader on a cheap Android tablet
You can create your own hierarchical custom column like this: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/sub_groups.html that will appear as a nested tree view in the tag browser
Section8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:31 PM   #3
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Much more likely to get help if you scroll down a bit to the Calibre section and post there.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:12 AM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Moved to Calibre > Library Management
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
nhojnesnej
nhojnesnej began at the beginning.

Device: PC running XP
Oh... Thanks... I guess I didn't know :-) I'm 60 in Nov. so, even though I CAN learn, the curve is getting really steep!! Thanks for the advise!!
nhojnesnej is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authors, etc folder, series, subseries