Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #1456
rheostaticsfan
Zealot
rheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, iOS, Blackberry, Sony DPT (pdfs)
Just found this thread: will install tonight

The list of features seems great! There's one thing I'm hoping for but can't tell if it's implemented. I would like a record of what books I finished when...more than a "completed books" shelf. Is there a way to generate some kind of export of this information? It would be even better if it captured the devicename of the device in use when the book was finished (my husband and I both share an app store account but use different devices so I'd like to know which of us finished the book).

Oh, and I've noticed requests for latest position syncing across devices. Was this implemented?

Thanks a lot for your work!
Old 05-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #1457
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Hello rheostaticsfan. I hope I'll implement reading stats soon after I finish the iPhone version. Syncing positions will be available with the iPhone release.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:39 AM   #1458
evanbernstein
evanbernstein began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, ipad, Marvin
I know that there has been requests to see what features have been requested and what Kris is working on.

Kris, would you have an interest in setting up a uservoice.com page?

The e-reader that I used to use before Marvin came along and improved faster and better had one that was useful to know what was potentially coming down the line:
https://megareader.uservoice.com/for...ck/filters/top

(also, that is sort of fun to read and see how many of those features you have completed)

Another example: http://theoldreader.uservoice.com/fo...ature-requests

It seems like it might help find out what features your users want and communicate with them about future plans.

Just a friendly suggestion from a Marvin user who can't want for iPhone support like everyone else!

Thanks again for the great app.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #1459
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks evanbernstein. I will definitely be implementing something like this soon.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #1460
Victorious56
Victorious56 began at the beginning.

Device: Marvin for iPad
My daughter and I both use Marvin to read on our iPads, and we keep track of our books and reading progress on Goodreads. I was wondering whether it might be possible to allow the user to specify a 'number of pages' for a book in Marvin. Then an approximation of progress in terms of pages read could be displayed? Either in addition to the percentage progress, or perhaps as an alternative via a user option?
Old 05-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #1461
trevgriff
Zealot
trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini - Main Reader (iPad 3 backup, iPhone 4s back to my backup)
Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, will Marvin ever have a similar page turn effect like iBooks or that a design patent issue?
Old 05-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #1462
kguil
Addict

Victorious56, total page numbering and reading stats is on my to do list. Probably after I finish the iPhone version.

trevgriff, no problem. I recall reading that Apple has a patent for that but I don't think they discourage anyone from using it. I wouldn't mind implementing it once I've finished some high priority updates.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:03 AM   #1463
Victorious56
Victorious56 began at the beginning.

Device: Marvin for iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
Victorious56, total page numbering and reading stats is on my to do list. Probably after I finish the iPhone version.
Thanks Kris
That to do list must be getting pretty long now
Old 05-25-2013, 04:12 AM   #1464
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious56 View Post
Thanks Kris
That to do list must be getting pretty long now
Yeah. I actually just finished narrowing the rest of the pages down a second ago. Will do another read later today or tomorrow and get the index up with the other parts people helped with.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:18 AM   #1465
kguil
Addict

Thanks again for doing this Jessica.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:45 AM   #1466
maxjens
Connoisseur
maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad & Bebook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Yeah. I actually just finished narrowing the rest of the pages down a second ago. Will do another read later today or tomorrow and get the index up with the other parts people helped with.
Hi Jessica,

Were can i find those pages?
Old 05-25-2013, 05:23 AM   #1467
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxjens View Post
Hi Jessica,

Were can i find those pages?
It's this thread. We've gone through every post, pulled out suggestions and are summarizing them. Should help people who are unaware of things going on and don't want to have to go through the whole thread.

I'm going to put it in my original post once it's sorted out.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #1468
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
It's this thread. We've gone through every post, pulled out suggestions and are summarizing them. Should help people who are unaware of things going on and don't want to have to go through the whole thread.

I'm going to put it in my original post once it's sorted out.
If we ever get our own Marvin sub forum it would make for a great sticky!
Old 05-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #1469
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Last night I dropped my iPad and ruined the touchscreen. So, temporarily, I am back to Moon+ Reader on my neglected Nexus 7. Before Marvin, I actually liked Moon+ Reader quite a lot, but going back to it, I have to say.... I MISS MARVIN! Heaps! The book I just started is really good... so many things I want to highlight, but I want it saved in Marvin! New screen/digitizer is on order and hubby is going to attempt the repair (he's very handy) so hopefully I will be reunited with Marvin very soon.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #1470
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSue View Post
Last night I dropped my iPad and ruined the touchscreen. So, temporarily, I am back to Moon+ Reader on my neglected Nexus 7. Before Marvin, I actually liked Moon+ Reader quite a lot, but going back to it, I have to say.... I MISS MARVIN! Heaps! The book I just started is really good... so many things I want to highlight, but I want it saved in Marvin! New screen/digitizer is on order and hubby is going to attempt the repair (he's very handy) so hopefully I will be reunited with Marvin very soon.
You know you've been sitting at the computer too long when it takes you several minutes to realize there is no "like" button on MR...
Closed Thread