Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 12-03-2011, 07:20 AM   #16
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Oh shoot I forgot about the Eiffel tower driver, that's not on my netbook. I'll try again later today. I was able to get mobi2imp working on the netbook last night.

Thanks for the link, that will definitely come in handy.

Ok, installed the driver, but still won't connect. Same message on the 1150 (USB cable plugged in. Waiting for connection...) and the Eiffel tower does not have the connecting lines. I am thinking there may be something wrong with the 1150, that it won't connect.

At least I have the card reader so I can side load content.

Another edit: on my desktop, the driver does connect. The error I get on the 1150 says "There was no response from the server; trying the operation again may help. Perhaps an HTTP proxy server should be configured."

I have no idea what that means.

Under settings: Use HTTP proxy is checked, use proxy for USB is checked. HTTP proxy address is 127.0.0.1 and HTTP proxy port is 9090. (These settings are correct as far as I know).

Any ideas?

Last edited by booklover6; 12-03-2011 at 10:07 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:40 AM   #17
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
A proxy server acts like a go between to protect or hide your network from the great unknown. 127.0.0.1 is an internal network address. It looks like someone may have set up impserve or some other proxy server to move content onto your 1150. You don't need to use a proxy if you are connecting directly to the sanctioned eBookwise or ebooksystem servers.

Go ahead and uncheck all use proxy check boxes and try to connect. I think it will work as long as your 1150 has been registered. If you bought the 1150 second hand, you might want to follow the steps outlined here, https://my.ebooksystem.net/personal/uid-help.asp under the “Retrieving your user ID and password using your eBook” to see if it’s been registered with the system. You might also want to email support and ask if you can do a refurbish and then register it.

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #18
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Michael, thank you! Unchecking those boxes worked. And I was delighted to see that uploading txt files worked also!

edited to add-being able to upload txt files to the server like this is a huge improvement over having to find, buy or convert files to imp. It makes this device much more user friendly.

Last edited by booklover6; 12-04-2011 at 10:27 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote