Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-30-2011, 10:54 AM   #16
Ogien
Ogien is a rising star in the heavensOgien is a rising star in the heavensOgien is a rising star in the heavensOgien is a rising star in the heavensOgien is a rising star in the heavensOgien is a rising star in the heavensOgien is a rising star in the heavensOgien is a rising star in the heavensOgien is a rising star in the heavensOgien is a rising star in the heavensOgien is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllosaurusRex View Post
It is a piece of junk which I will not be recommending.
I would not call it a complete piece of junk, if you have some computer skills there are usually workarounds to most of the problems and you get an andreoid tablet for under $200 (179.99 at futureshop).

My honest opinion is, a potential buyer should wait until the issues get patched and it will be a great little tablet. The other option is wait until someone creates a custom rom and you will get an andreoid tablet with the google app store for under $200.
Ogien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:27 PM   #17
LauraPony
Zealot
LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllosaurusRex View Post
Oh, and the Kobo Help desk simply does not respond. They are a black hole of unhelpfulness.
Have you tried http://getsatisfaction.com/kobo? I've heard very positive things from people bringing their issues here (along with the incident number).
LauraPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 12:30 PM   #18
LauraPony
Zealot
LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogien View Post
My honest opinion is, a potential buyer should wait until the issues get patched and it will be a great little tablet.
I agree. I LOVE my Vox, but I am not quite willing to recommend it to people yet. I am ambitious and am willing to accept some troubleshooting in the beginning without too many complaints. I don't know how many other people I know that are like this. You can be sure that once this thing definitely runs smoothly, I'll be exclaiming its benefits from the mountain tops!
LauraPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:28 PM   #19
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraPony View Post
I agree. I LOVE my Vox, but I am not quite willing to recommend it to people yet. I am ambitious and am willing to accept some troubleshooting in the beginning without too many complaints. I don't know how many other people I know that are like this. You can be sure that once this thing definitely runs smoothly, I'll be exclaiming its benefits from the mountain tops!
Ditto...I know very few people who would even come to a forum like this, if they had problems - let alone troubleshoot them if they found solutions. They'd sooner return their device and get something that worked...
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
issues, kobo vox, problems, won't charge, won't power on