Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 08-15-2019, 04:07 PM   #211
Whiit
Whiit began at the beginning.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD (E685BK)
Thanks for your reply Ceed,
Tried the RK Batch Tool, when pressing 'switch' the device disconnects and doesn't come alive by itself. After rebooting manually and pressing 'restore' I get the below message:

<Layer 1-3> This operation didn't do, because of not supporting!

Last edited by Whiit; 08-15-2019 at 04:09 PM.
Whiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 12:16 AM   #212
Ceed
Ceed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with others

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiit View Post
when pressing 'switch' the device disconnects and doesn't come alive by itself. After rebooting manually and pressing 'restore' I get the below message:

<Layer 1-3> This operation didn't do, because of not supporting!
In my case it worked with no issues several times as I wa switching back and forth between the versions.
Make sure that the device is switched of fully before connecting to the PC. Additionally, give it a try with a different cable.
Ceed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2019, 01:42 PM   #213
Whiit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceed View Post
Make sure that the device is switched of fully before connecting to the PC. Additionally, give it a try with a different cable.
Do I need to download some drivers for the RK Batch Tool? I use V1.8 now...
Old 08-16-2019, 01:44 PM   #214
Whiit

Quote:
In my case it worked with no issues several times as I wa switching back and forth between the versions.
Do I need to download any drivers for the RK batch Tool?
Old 08-16-2019, 01:58 PM   #215
Whiit

Next

Quote:
Did everything you suggested but without any luck unfortunately.
Advert
Old 08-17-2019, 01:55 AM   #216
Ceed
Ceed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiit View Post
Do I need to download any drivers for the RK batch Tool?
There is a driver pack in the online archive provided. I have flashed my reader (Boyue Likebook Plus) several times using that software, therefore I have no doubts regarding its compatibility and efficiency. Once you have installed the drivers, it should work as expected. I don't have any experience related to digging deep into the system or unbricking these devices.
I've found an alternative link to the 1.02 firmware, try this one
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KrM...1Ynz7ZFzJ/view
Old 08-17-2019, 02:04 AM   #217
Ceed

Flashing guide (it's from a similar android device thread):
1. Run the RK Batch Tool. In the FW Path line: specify the path to the firmware file.
2. Connect the device via USB to the computer.
3. If the indicator does not turn green, then the reader is not in flashing mode, click the Switch button, the reader should go into the flashing mode and the indicator should turn green (note: the first square below should turn green).
4. If the reader does not go into flashing mode, then you need to install the driver in the Device Manager:
4.2. Find the Unknown device, choose to update drivers, update method: With a full manual method with an .inf file! When automatically searching for a driver, the driver may not install!
Drivers are located in the Driver folder. In accordance with your OS, select the desired subfolder. After installing the driver, rather in this case you will need the Switch button in the flasher.
4.3. To install the driver under Windows 8, you need to use the instructions for installing an unsigned driver. (note: sometimes it’s easier to install a WindowsXP virtual machine)
4.4. If the Unknown device does not appear in the Device Manager, try holding the screen update button on the reader connected to the PC and holding it, press Reset.
5. Before flashing the device, you can make a complete dump of the device using the rkDumper utility.
6. Press the Restore button, the flashing of the reader will begin. After flashing the reader will reboot.
ATTENTION! Do not disconnect the device until the flashing is over!
Old 12-28-2019, 01:16 PM   #218
asuagar
asuagar began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars T80D
Has anyone tried the files in a Likebook Mars T80D? Is there any place where to get its firmware?
asuagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 03:17 PM   #219
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by asuagar View Post
Has anyone tried the files in a Likebook Mars T80D? Is there any place where to get its firmware?
You need from the Mars itself. If your darring and having major issues. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=323665
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 02:21 PM   #220
asuagar
asuagar began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars T80D
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
You need from the Mars itself. If your darring and having major issues. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=323665
Thanks for the fast reply!
asuagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 03:47 PM   #221
jordico
jordico began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by csonger View Post
Hi Neru!

THIS IS THE RIGHT FIRMWARE!!!

If anybody has screen issue like me, could try with the following combination:

DriverAssitant_v4.4

AndroidTool v2.35 (same as RK Tool))

Firmware (posted by Neru): 1.0.2 2018060114

Thanks
csonger
Hi csonger,
I have a similar problem, but the driver does not seem to be properly installed. I can see the rockusb device, but the device appear with an interrogation mark. I am using Windows 10.

Which OS did you use to flash the device? Thanks in advance.
jordico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 07:23 AM   #222
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
I found there's Android Oreo version that runs on a Freescale i.MX6. So, if our processor ( 4 nuclei ) is more advanced, could Android Oreo or newer version be adapted to our device's processor?

Last edited by viceant; 04-19-2020 at 11:24 AM.
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 04:17 PM   #223
ilyats
Connoisseur
ilyats doesn't litterilyats doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook Muses T78D
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
I found there's Android Oreo version that runs on a Freescale i.MX6. So, if our processor ( 4 nuclei ) is more advanced, could Android Oreo or newer version be adapted to our device's processor?
There was a discussion here that SoC manufacturer does not provide support of Android above 4.4. Besides, LB Plus is out of production for nearly 2 years, so it is unlikely there will ever be new firmware development for it, even official release of 2.0 firmware never appeared, only beta versions.
ilyats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 01:36 AM   #224
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyats View Post
There was a discussion here that SoC manufacturer does not provide support of Android above 4.4. Besides, LB Plus is out of production for nearly 2 years, so it is unlikely there will ever be new firmware development for it, even official release of 2.0 firmware never appeared, only beta versions.
Thanks. I hope Boyue implement more known processors in its new devices. Because newer Mimas, Alita and the likes have rockchip too, haven't they?
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 01:57 AM   #225
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
newer Mimas, Alita and the likes have rockchip too, haven't they?
No .
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote