Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-26-2020, 08:28 AM   #1726
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by prsmith View Post
I am not sure what you mean by copying side loaded books from the device

By using the OBOK device do you mean replacing the de-drm for calibre that I normally use when installing calibre?
No. There are various tools in the DRM tools package. They are all distinct and act on different book formats with different DRM methods.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 07:29 AM   #1727
arwandar
arwandar began at the beginning.

Device: kobo libra h2o
Hi guy,

I'm trying to import the shelves from my libra h2o to calibre with your plugin, but I am stuck with this error:

Spoiler:
calibre, version 4.7.0
ERREUR : Exception non gérée: <b>AttributeError</b>:'KTCollectionsBookList' object has no attribute 'id'

calibre 4.7 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.18362-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.18362')
Python 2.7.16+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.18362', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: fr
Successfully initialized third party plugins: FanFicFare (3, 14, 0) && Kobo Utilities (2, 9, 0) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 1, 5) && EpubMerge (2, 7, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1561, in get_shelves_from_device
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1942, in _get_selected_ids
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 724, in id
AttributeError: 'KTCollectionsBookList' object has no attribute 'id'

Do you what I do wrong? The target column is a simple like tags, I'm seing the shelves in the device view...

Thanks!
arwandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2020, 07:58 AM   #1728
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwandar View Post
Hi guy,

I'm trying to import the shelves from my libra h2o to calibre with your plugin, but I am stuck with this error:

Spoiler:
calibre, version 4.7.0
ERREUR : Exception non gérée: <b>AttributeError</b>:'KTCollectionsBookList' object has no attribute 'id'

calibre 4.7 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.18362-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.18362')
Python 2.7.16+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.18362', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: fr
Successfully initialized third party plugins: FanFicFare (3, 14, 0) && Kobo Utilities (2, 9, 0) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 1, 5) && EpubMerge (2, 7, 0)
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1561, in get_shelves_from_device
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1942, in _get_selected_ids
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 724, in id
AttributeError: 'KTCollectionsBookList' object has no attribute 'id'

Do you what I do wrong? The target column is a simple like tags, I'm seing the shelves in the device view...
Are you doing this from the device list? It should work from the library list, so try it from there. I don't remember if it ever worked from the device list, or whether it is supposed to be disabled there. I'll have to check if it there is a way to use it there.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 06:19 PM   #1729
jxall
Enthusiast
jxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Clara HD (patched, 100% kepubs); Calibre 5 (Win10)
I ticked "Store current bookmarks on connect" in Kobo Utilities.

When I plug the device there's a pop-up which auto-selects the books to be synced, I click OK, and Calibre syncs all the stuff.
However - atthe end - there are no columns in the Calibre library that show which books have been synced - and what data has been synced.

The problem is that if I open Kobo Utilities > [Profile tab] to create these custom columns, I click on the field next to each type of custom column but no clickable objects appear: a single-line window popsu up but there are no options to choose... just this blank window. So there's clearly something wrong.
How do I manage to create these custom columns?

Last edited by jxall; 01-29-2020 at 06:24 PM.
jxall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 06:35 PM   #1730
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350; Kobo Clara HD; Kobo Clara 2E
You need to create the custom columns in calibre. Read the help file linked in the Kobo Utilites Plugin to understand the requirements. Once the columns are created, you can access them from the Plugin Profiles tab.
Phil_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2020, 03:36 AM   #1731
jxall
Enthusiast
jxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Clara HD (patched, 100% kepubs); Calibre 5 (Win10)
Thanks, I have found the instructions on how to create Calibre custom columns in the guide that you suggested.

I had to go into 'Calibre Preferences'' > 'Add custom columns' and create the columns. Then I could finally select the newly created columns from Kobo Utilities.

Last edited by jxall; 01-30-2020 at 06:15 AM.
jxall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 01:16 PM   #1732
edged01
edged01
edged01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Hi. Long time user of Calibre and KoboUtilities with little problem. After updating Calibre to latest version, I get the following error when I click on the KoboUtilities button. Any ideas? Thanks

calibre, version 4.10.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>:u'backupOptionsStore'

calibre 4.10.1 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.17763-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.17763')
Python 2.7.16+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.17763', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 5, 3) && Modify ePub (1, 4, 0) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 1, 5) && Kobo Utilities (2, 9, 0) && KePub Metadata Writer (3, 0, 3) && Kobo Books (1, 8, 0) && Obok DeDRM (6, 5, 3) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && Manage Series (1, 2, 9) && KePub Metadata Reader (3, 0, 2) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11)
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 665, in toolbar_button_clicked
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 335, in rebuild_menus
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 2102, in get_device
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.config", line 385, in get_prefs
KeyError: u'backupOptionsStore'
edged01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 02:51 PM   #1733
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Confirming there is some sort of issue with 4.10.1 W10 x64

I attached my Aura2. Calibre never detected it (no device column or connected message on status bar)

DID NOT TOUCH The Kobo in any way
Uninstalled 4.10.1, Installed 4.9.1 and the Kobo was immediately detected
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 02:56 PM   #1734
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Confirming there is some sort of issue with 4.10.1 W10 x64

I attached my Aura2. Calibre never detected it (no device column or connected message on status bar)

DID NOT TOUCH The Kobo in any way
Uninstalled 4.10.1, Installed 4.9.1 and the Kobo was immediately detected
My H2O was recognized no problem with 4.10.1.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 03:13 PM   #1735
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
My H2O was recognized no problem with 4.10.1.
Oh boy, then this is going to be a Hair puller.

Just tried it on my older system 4.10.1 installed and it worked (detected) and Update (my button mode)
Old 02-07-2020, 03:24 PM   #1736
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh boy, then this is going to be a Hair puller.

Just tried it on my older system 4.10.1 installed and it worked (detected) and Update (my button mode)
Maybe try 4.10.1 again on the system where it didn't work the first time.
Old 02-07-2020, 03:31 PM   #1737
theducks
Well trained by Cats

This time (just finished viewing on the other PC). It also took quite a bit to pop this message.
Code:
calibre, version 4.10.1
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

IOError: disk I/O error

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 90, in run
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 513, in _books
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1938, in books
  File "c:\t\t\apsw-k8s6ukkv\src\cursor.c", line 236, in resetcursor
IOError: IOError: disk I/O error
It does not like being on a USB3 port in any way (I have a USB3 Hub that has both 2 and 3 ports)
Old 02-07-2020, 03:33 PM   #1738
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
This time (just finished viewing on the other PC). It also took quite a bit to pop this message.
Code:
calibre, version 4.10.1
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

IOError: disk I/O error

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 90, in run
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 513, in _books
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1938, in books
  File "c:\t\t\apsw-k8s6ukkv\src\cursor.c", line 236, in resetcursor
IOError: IOError: disk I/O error
It does not like being on a USB3 port in any way (I have a USB3 Hub that has both 2 and 3 ports)
That is odd. I can plug my H2O into a USB3 port no problem.
Old 02-07-2020, 03:42 PM   #1739
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That is odd. I can plug my H2O into a USB3 port no problem.
Yep, really odd. But my first batch Astak Pocket pro (Astak replaced it: same issue.) did not like running on INTEL USB2 if enhanced was enabled ( I installed a USB1.1 board, so I could have a normal USB2). Later versions (w/TOD clock) did not have the issue
Old 02-07-2020, 04:29 PM   #1740
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Yep, really odd. But my first batch Astak Pocket pro (Astak replaced it: same issue.) did not like running on INTEL USB2 if enhanced was enabled ( I installed a USB1.1 board, so I could have a normal USB2). Later versions (w/TOD clock) did not have the issue
Can you use a USB2 hub on a USB3 port to plug in your Aura2?

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities