Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-15-2020, 02:31 AM   #1
tpmcoss
tpmcoss began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 4
Question Brand New Paperwhite 4 shipped with updated firmware?

Hello everyone,

Before buying my kindle I did a bit of research on these forums regarding jailbreaking it because I like to have full control over devices I own. I hoped to be able to jailbreak the new Kindle Paperwhite 4.

Unfortunately the one I just brought today (brand new) already has firmware version 5.11.2 and from what I've read so far it cannot be jailbroken. I made sure I didn't connect to any wi-fi so I know it wasn't an auto-update.

Is it possible that I somehow got a device which had been updated then returned and has somehow made its way back to me as a new device? Or are the kindles that ship now updated already?

Also, what are the chances of a jailbreak coming out for the 5.11 firmware?

Any information you guys can share on the matter I'd appreciate.

Regards,

Tom
tpmcoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 03:11 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Specifically for the PW4 -
PM ilovejedd

Except, you do not (yet) have PM privileges.
There is a post here about getting early PM privileges but I can not find it.
Somebody else (ilovejedd) will have to add that information.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 11:30 AM   #3
tpmcoss

hello thanks for replying. Are you saying that user ilovejedd has a way of jailbreaking or he will just know more about this situation? Regards
Old 02-15-2020, 11:39 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpmcoss View Post
hello thanks for replying. Are you saying that user ilovejedd has a way of jailbreaking or he will just know more about this situation? Regards
Has a way and the information is not made public.
Which is why you must contact by private message.

See following post by Junket...

Last edited by knc1; 02-15-2020 at 11:44 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 11:39 AM   #5
Junket
Nil adsuetudine maius
Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4
@tpmcoss

ilovejedd may be able to help if you PM her. Click here to see what information you should PM. If you cannot send a PM yet, because you are a new member, there is a link at the bottom of that post that explains how to request PM privileges as well.
Junket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 11:46 AM   #6
tpmcoss

ah that's excellent news thanks guys. I'll send her a PM as soon as I get the privilege.

Tags
amazon, firmware, kindle, paperwhite