Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 03-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
emilyoliver
emilyoliver began at the beginning.

Device: iriver Story HD
iriver slow

I got my iRiver about 2 months ago and have used it quite at first but not so much lately, however I have just downloaded a new book for google today and when i want to refresh my library to read it, it crashes (i.e. it won't go anywhere)

I have also noticed that whenever I want to connect to wi fi or go to google ebooks via the iriver, it is really slow....

do you think this is a software problem/bug or worse?

E.
emilyoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The browser / Wifi on the Story HD is certainly not the fastest, but it's sufficient for books and firmware updates... I have no issues there, although my wifi router is just the next room over, so signal strength should be as good as it gets. My wifi is encrypted, I haven't tested if unencrypted wifi would go any faster.

I only have two books in my Google account (not sure where they come from - I guess they are freebies?) and they download fine for me.

Are you running the latest firmware?
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:43 PM   #3
emilyoliver
emilyoliver began at the beginning.

Device: iriver Story HD
I have the Story Hd and got the latest firmware installed (1.25)...I tried to reset but still having the same problems.
emilyoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:03 AM   #4
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
For the US wifi model, the latest is 1.29

Which model do you have?
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:04 AM   #5
CJJ
Zealot
CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: laptop, iriver Story HD, Galaxy Tab2 10.1
I would take frostschutz's advice, assuming you have a US model, and update your firmware.

On the home page go Options-Settings-System Wizards-Device Update Wizard. Make sure you have a charged battery and a good WiFi connection.

I just did a Library refresh and it worked without problems and completed quickly. My fear has been that since the introduction of Google Play, the iriver would no longer access the Google Library but so far this is not a problem.
CJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:41 AM   #6
rrcollier
rrcollier began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Story HD
The Story will be using the books api (https://code.google.com/apis/books/d...g_started.html) rather then the books.google.com / play.google.com frontend to download content.
rrcollier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #7
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Aside: Thanks for the reminder; I just set my own Story HD updating. I never heard about the update because I always keep my wifi turned off /sweatdrop
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote