Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-13-2015, 02:47 PM   #106
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Edited to add:

The Moon Shadow Boxed Set is now up on kobobooks and Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...E?tag=bearm-20

Both it and the Sedona O'Hala boxed set are available in the blogstore:

http://www.bearmountainbooks.com/store/

Thanks!

Books 1-3!

The cover poll:
Okay, since the boxed set of Sedona went over pretty well, I've decided I may as well do one for the Moon Shadow series. If you want to opine on the cover for the Moon Shadow Boxed set, it's up at Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/maria.schne...8?notif_t=like

That SHOULD be a public link, viewable whether you are on FB or not. Of course, it's FB. They aren't known for consistency.

We shall see how it goes.

Last edited by BearMountainBooks; 11-17-2015 at 01:46 PM.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 04:01 PM   #107
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Executive Dirt made Kobo's "Next" list!! Wooooot!!!

Those links were merely affiliate links to Kobo's page. I won't post affiliate links anymore since apparently they are mistaken for browser hijinks. Anyway, I was very pleased that Executive Dirt made Kobo's "up and coming" Next list!

https://store.kobobooks.com/Collection/kobo-next-1

Also, I'll be posting more details next week, but I've started a review/book page on Facebook. This is so that I can review books more publicly than just my blog and also post bargains that I find. I post bargains now, but they are all mixed in with the other stuff. This page will be much more focused on bargain books and reviews. I expect to have at least one guest reviewer. Message me there if you think you'd like to do some reviews.

https://www.facebook.com/BearMountainBooks?fref=nf

Last edited by BearMountainBooks; 11-17-2015 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:21 AM   #108
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

I've started a new page on Facebook to list bargains, new releases and reviews (I'm doing most of the reviews, but I have one other reviewer who is interested in participating. These will be short, pithy reviews for the most part because of the way FB is designed.)

I appreciate all "likes" and follows and whatnot. For at least the first month, you'll see a lot of my favorite reads being mentioned on the thread!

I also post articles of interest to readers--the Kobo survey, reader surveys and this weekend I'll post a link to the Neil Gaiman interview (which you've probably seen, but there you go!)

Thanks!
Old 08-27-2015, 07:03 PM   #109
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
I've started a new page on Facebook to list bargains, new releases and reviews (I'm doing most of the reviews, but I have one other reviewer who is interested in participating. These will be short, pithy reviews for the most part because of the way FB is designed.)

I appreciate all "likes" and follows and whatnot. For at least the first month, you'll see a lot of my favorite reads being mentioned on the thread!

I also post articles of interest to readers--the Kobo survey, reader surveys and this weekend I'll post a link to the Neil Gaiman interview (which you've probably seen, but there you go!)

Thanks!
Done. I'm not terribly active on Facebook, but I'm figuring it out.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 08:03 AM   #110
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Done. I'm not terribly active on Facebook, but I'm figuring it out.

Thank you and Welcome! I hope much fun will be had by all!
Old 08-29-2015, 11:08 AM   #111
Kanila G
Groupie
Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
officially your facebook follower
Kanila G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:54 AM   #112
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanila G View Post
officially your facebook follower
Thanks! Welcome aboard!

Edited to add:

If any of you have read my books and would like to leave a review, I'd appreciate it! I'd like to be able to take out an ad, but many ad sites require 50 reviews these days and none of my books have that many. It's very difficult to get visibility with any book and ads are becoming a necessity in order to continue a series!

For those of you who have done reviews (for me or any author) thank you!

Last edited by BearMountainBooks; 09-10-2015 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:14 PM   #113
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

If anyone wants to read Under Witch Moon in epub, it is currently available for ONE OR TWO LAST DAYS on my blog store. I'm removing it from all other venues to go exclusive with Amazon. No, it's not something I wanted to do, but it is something I have needed to do for a long time. I have resisted exclusivity on any of my books for three years. It has not worked out particularly well. I've marked it down on the blogstore to 1.99. It will come down sometime in the next couple of days (once it has disappeared from Apple and FNAC) and it will then be exclusive to Amazon for 90 days.

It is possible that this will happen with Dragons of Wendal as well. It is not likely to happen to the Sedona series in the short term since that has been selling decently on other retailers. But I can't say "never" any longer.

Here's the link to the blog store:

http://www.bearmountainbooks.com/store/

In order to follow Amazon's rules, I will also have to remove the Moon Shadow Boxed set from my store--so that will also be gone sometime in the next couple of days as well.

Thank you for understanding.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:37 PM   #114
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Sale on Executive Lunch: $1.99 at my blog and Amazon for three days! (The price will revert on Friday).

I've also created a page on facebook for each of my series. (Some fans read all my series; others read only one):

https://www.facebook.com/Sedona-OHal...7484/timeline/

https://www.facebook.com/Moon-Shadow...4729/timeline/

https://www.facebook.com/Dragons-of-...9953/timeline/

I did, foolishly, tell a fan that if I received 100 likes for the Dragons of Wendal series page, I'd write a third in the series...no threat just yet!!!

Maria
Old 09-29-2015, 10:47 AM   #115
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Review of the Mark Knopfler concert on the blog! The long and short and in between of it: FABULOUS. Some absolute genius playing by every member of that band. Gives me more music to look into buying (enablers, every single one of them).

www.BearMountainBooks.com

They put on a great show.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:16 PM   #116
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Soul of the Desert is on kindle countdown this week -- $2.99 for today and tomorrow, $3.99 for two days, and then $4.99 (original price). If you liked this book, remember you can gift it for Christmas by selecting the delivery date.

http://www.amazon.com/Soul-Desert-Ma...t&tag=bearm-20

It's only available at Amazon for s 90 day period. After the 90 days it will probably go to wider distribution again.

Last edited by BearMountainBooks; 10-09-2015 at 09:58 PM.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:24 AM   #117
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Under Witch Moon is on countdown this week-- 1.99 for two days, 2.99 and so on until it goes to 3.99, the regular price. Tell all your friends!

http://www.amazon.com/Under-Witch-Mo...s&tag=bearm-20

In unrelated news, this week the blog will feature cozy reads (more than normal, that is) starting with the review from Elisabeth that she submitted Sunday!

There will be a giveaway for an audio book by Jonathan Kellerman next week!

Last edited by BearMountainBooks; 10-22-2015 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:15 PM   #118
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Win a Jonathan Kellerman audio book (Killer) US only at the blog today or--Worldwide, win any of my books, your choice!

Check the blog:

Old 11-04-2015, 01:12 PM   #119
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Some new cover reveals this week (Tracking Magic has been remodeled and is on the blog today). Soul of the Desert will get a bit of a facelift this week too.

Coming Up:

Some exciting giveaways! Teresa, who has an etsy shop, has agreed to make a book bag for the launch of Executive Dirt (because Sedona learned to sew in that book. Weeeelll, "learned to sew" might not be quite right. "Tried to sew" is more accurate.) Anyway, she is making a book bag to go with a copy of Dirt for a giveaway this month.

As some of you may know, I make my own soaps, lotions and shampoos. I've looked into making my own deodorant, but frankly I've not been too impressed with the ingredient list. I want natural and harmless, but not "cover up smells with lots of other smells." I think I may have found a company that makes a product that will work--and I am planning a giveaway/review soon.

There will also likely be books and music in the mix of giveaways, but things are still being lined up there!

Maria
Old 11-11-2015, 09:20 AM   #120
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Deodorant giveaway starts today (one week, US only). Tell all your friends and colleagues...! Heh-heh. It's for a subscription so you can smell nice ALL YEAR!

We've been testing it and I'm pleasantly surprised to report that the stuff is really quite nice. I like it AND it works.

On Sunday there will be a giveaway for a book bag (with pockets!) and a copy of Executive Dirt. The book bag is US AND international shipping. You can choose Dirt or Executive Lunch if you haven't started the series. US entries, I will ship a paper copy if you prefer.

EDITED TO ADD: All the giveaways are up, including the free Year of the Mountain Lion over at Kobo books (for one week) Enjoy!!!
Toodles,
Maria

Last edited by BearMountainBooks; 11-15-2015 at 03:38 PM.

Tags
cozy, fantasy, magic, mystery, short stories